Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
4661 - 4680 of 4687 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
That question was asked in parliament a couple of times, the definition of a woman. No one could define a woman🤦
It is an amazing doco, there is one section where he asks a college proffesor (forget his speciality) and he got such a run around.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
They are all scared to answer truthfully, whack em on a polygraph and the result will be different 😆
Did you listen to the ones that did answer questions?

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,830 Posts
They are all scared to answer truthfully, whack em on a polygraph and the result will be different 😆
Might as well read tea leaves for all the use a polygraph is. They rely on bluffing somebody into believing that the machine can tell they are lying, so that person either tells the truth or gives themselves away. But it makes some people so nervous they produce false positives.

There's a reason they are not able to be used in court proceedings ;).

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,818 Posts
WTF is this all about? :rolleyes:

Light Automotive lighting Font Gadget Sunset

Foo

• Wow
Reactions: grumpyone

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,839 Posts
WTF: This is amazing long but amazing.
I couldn't watch it although I tried and tried hard. Got pissed off about 15mins in when some child phsycologist agreed that 4 year olds couldn't always tell the difference between reality and fantasy (Santa Clause) but said whatever gender they decided they were was the reality of what they were. I felt equally steamed by the replies of the uni proff you mentioned. I skipped forward a couple of times when I couldn't listen to the current so called expert he was interviewing any longer but gave up completely about 30mins in. I certainly couldn't watch another hour of the same stuff.

Transgender in sport is a problem that needs to be resolved. I think that they need to get rid of current gender based competition completely. Have "open" competition for everyone regardless of gender, and an XX competition for people with an XX chromosome makeup. XX people could compete in either but not both competitions but people without XX chromosomes could only participate in open. If people wanted to give nicknames to those competitions calling them "men's" and "women's" then that's their business but officially it would be "Open" and "XX". That's enough minority pandering for one night.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
I couldn't watch it although I tried and tried hard. Got pissed off about 15mins in when some child phsycologist agreed that 4 year olds couldn't always tell the difference between reality and fantasy (Santa Clause) but whatever gender they decided they were was the reality of what they were. I felt equally steamed by the replies of the uni proff you mentioned. I skipped forward a couple of times when I couldn't listen to the current so called expert he was interviewing any longer but gave up completely about 30mins in.

Transgender in sport is a problem that needs to be resolved. I think that they need to get rid of current gender based competition completely. Have "open" competition for everyone regardless of gender, and an XX competition for people with an XX chromosome makeup. XX people could compete in either but not both competitions if they wanted to but people without XX chromosomes could only participate in open. If people wanted to give nicknames to those competitions calling the "men's" and "women's" then that's their business but officially it would be "Open" and "XX". That's enough minority pandering for one night.
I know, it was hard to watch, the stupidity of some people is mind boggling.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,830 Posts
I couldn't watch it although I tried and tried hard. Got pissed off about 15mins in when some child phsycologist agreed that 4 year olds couldn't always tell the difference between reality and fantasy (Santa Clause) but said whatever gender they decided they were was the reality of what they were. I felt equally steamed by the replies of the uni proff you mentioned. I skipped forward a couple of times when I couldn't listen to the current so called expert he was interviewing any longer but gave up completely about 30mins in. I certainly couldn't watch another hour of the same stuff.

Transgender in sport is a problem that needs to be resolved. I think that they need to get rid of current gender based competition completely. Have "open" competition for everyone regardless of gender, and an XX competition for people with an XX chromosome makeup. XX people could compete in either but not both competitions but people without XX chromosomes could only participate in open. If people wanted to give nicknames to those competitions calling them "men's" and "women's" then that's their business but officially it would be "Open" and "XX". That's enough minority pandering for one night.
A lot of competition currently is (technically) open and women; not men and women. Curious how we don't see anyone except the biological blokes in the open competition. Even Caster Semenya, for all the controversy, isn't in any danger of qualifying, let alone winning any event in the open competition.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,818 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
So cut the concrete in the driveway, 700 x 700 and the leak detection guy was absobloodylutely spot on in his detection, right in the high diddle diddle. The pipe had been crushed either before or after it was installed, there was 'some' sand around the pipe but there were also some rocks, Grrrrrr, new section fitted and I adjusted the water pressure to 500kpa, 100+ down on what it had been set at before. Took some pics of the pipe so now I have 4 sections that had leaks, might find the 'Builder' and send them the pics, yes it was something like 20 years ago but whoever did the plumbing should be slowly cooked in an acid bath.
Will monitor for a few days before laying sand in the base and refilling hole, I've got some reo in the shed so I can back drill the slab and insert several rods, then concrete it. Lifes a bitch and then you die.
Cloud Sky Wood Tints and shades Audio equipment

Automotive tire Tire Wood Line Rim

Glasses Blue Road surface Wood Font

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,985 Posts
So cut the concrete in the driveway, 700 x 700 and the leak detection guy was absobloodylutely spot on in his detection, right in the high diddle diddle. The pipe had been crushed either before or after it was installed, there was 'some' sand around the pipe but there were also some rocks, Grrrrrr, new section fitted and I adjusted the water pressure to 500kpa, 100+ down on what it had been set at before. Took some pics of the pipe so now I have 4 sections that had leaks, might find the 'Builder' and send them the pics, yes it was something like 20 years ago but whoever did the plumbing should be slowly cooked in an acid bath.
Will monitor for a few days before laying sand in the base and refilling hole, I've got some reo in the shed so I can back drill the slab and insert several rods, then concrete it. Lifes a bitch and then you die.
View attachment 544512

View attachment 544511

View attachment 544513
That blue-line is tough pipe,I'd say it was driven over before it was used at your job. :mad:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
That blue-line is tough pipe,I'd say it was driven over before it was used at your job. :mad:
We have had 4 leaks so far, the first 3 were due to the pipe being kinked at some time and still being laid, the kinks survived around 18 years before the weakness caused failures several months apart. Yes the ovality of this pipe was very distinct when it was cut out, the plumber who did the original job 20 years ago should be screwed and burnt and not neccessarily in that order, he's very lucky I don't who or where he is. /=÷<[,& moron.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,839 Posts
That's impressive that the guy was able to determine the exact point of leakage. I've repaired leaks where there was water coming out of the ground and I've learnt that the point that water comes out of the ground can be metres away from the point of the pipe leak and this is with no sort of cover over the ground at all. You dig a hole where the water comes out of the ground and then find water is coming into the hole from the side of the hole instead of the bottom. You dig away at the side of the hole following the leak and end up digging up half the yard and garden.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
That's impressive that the guy was able to determine the exact point of leakage. I've repaired leaks where there was water coming out of the ground and I've learnt that the point that water comes out of the ground can be metres away from the point of the pipe leak and this is with no sort of cover over the ground at all. You dig a hole where the water comes out of the ground and then find water is coming into the hole from the side of the hole instead of the bottom. You dig away at the side of the hole following the leak and end up digging up half the yard and garden.
Yes very impressive, he had his electronic gear with screen and headphones, he went around the driveway and lawn several times and then homed in on a small area in the middle of the approach to wife's side of garage, changed to another device and homed in further, then drilled the hole and water immediately emerged. I asked him how close to the mark does that gear gets, he said it depends on the operator (we all know that) but he said he can usually get within a couple of hundred mm, as said when the concrete was cut yesterday by another guy, his mark was spot on, I said tell the guy thanks for the accuracy, he said I definitely will, that was one of his best, lol.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,290 Posts
We are getting a footpath on our nature strip, was asked on Friday for the other person living here to have his car moved from the gutter where he parks it. I walk out this morning to find that he’s parked it on the front lawn where the caravan was. I hope they get the backhoe in while he’s still sleeping, because we are going out for the day. 🙄

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Still can't believe what has happened at Bogie, 3 members of the one family shot dead and another seriously wounded, it all happened at a property border over a dispute on the border. The family had only owned the property for a year and a 59 year old neighbor has been charged with 3 counts of murder and one of attempted murder.
Simply mind boggling that a dispute could lead to this and so severely effect 2 families, unbelievable.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,430 Posts
Still can't believe what has happened at Bogie, 3 members of the one family shot dead and another seriously wounded, it all happened at a property border over a dispute on the border. The family had only owned the property for a year and a 59 year old neighbor has been charged with 3 counts of murder and one of attempted murder.
Simply mind boggling that a dispute could lead to this and so severely effect 2 families, unbelievable.
No love thy neighbour in that part of the world hey, curious to know what the altercation was about.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,290 Posts
Boundaries, apparently.

4661 - 4680 of 4687 Posts