Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ ute
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all, had my LF 240's pinched a couple of nights ago all except the bottom mount caus they couldn't get to that bolt as easy as the adjusting one. Just wondering if there are some spots out on the market that would take a bit to get off. They are on a nissan winch bar. Any brand or ideas welcome. Cheers:sad:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,124 Posts
Is there such a thing, I know the bolt your talking about and think the only way is to weld it. That is weld the end of the bolt to stop it being undone.

cheers Shane.

·
Registered
196 Posts
..........and then the asswholes just smash the lights because if they can't have them neither can you.

Bring back the lash I say!

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
57 Posts
i have seen a lock tight nut that is like a mag wheel nut that is rounded and has little holes and you need a funny socket to undo and do up don't know where to get one from ( a trucky mate had some)

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol ST-S
9 Posts
any nuts and bolts joint can sell you "tamper proof" screws.

as above bit like a mag wheel nut ( has its own key )

they are usually stainless steel and look the part.

you may also have to buy a few to get them at the right price. can buy the "bit" at the same time.

cheers
Steve Green

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
My advice is buy cheap **** lights nobody would want to steal, and HID them.

YMMV.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
I have put a dob of stainless steel TIG weld on the end of each of the adjusting bolts and on the mounting bolts on my LF 240HIDs. Some assole pinched the covers one night parked at work but could only loosen the bolts and not take them off.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
What an asshole act.

Go to work, earn some money and buy em like the rest of us you bastards

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ ute
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My advice is buy cheap **** lights nobody would want to steal, and HID them.

YMMV.
yeah thats the go, can ya HID any light can you?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,124 Posts
any nuts and bolts joint can sell you "tamper proof" screws.

as above bit like a mag wheel nut ( has its own key )

they are usually stainless steel and look the part.

you may also have to buy a few to get them at the right price. can buy the "bit" at the same time.

cheers
Steve Green

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The trouble with buying those types is with the new types of sockets out, the ones with the stainless steel needles in them you can just about undo anything. I have seen them used on mag wheels, the ones with the four or five holes in them for the special tool to undo them. They work real well, thats why I put a dob of weld on my lights, winch and also the bull bar. Thieving [email protected]&*ds.

cheers.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,124 Posts
OILRIG just rig up a simple alarm to go off if the wires are cut. run a 3rd wire with each light and rig up a relay that beeps the horn constantly or something

Thats fine but if I was going to nic them I would cut wires last. then who cares about the alarm.
Have you timed your self to find out how quick you can get out side from bed.
Some ars wipe stole the sons car from out the front,
By the time I got up looked out the door they were driving off. Came in grabbed my keys, put pants on and went out I could not even see where they went.

cheers.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
hmmmmmmm,i feel ya. what about this then. buy a cheap alarm with a vibration sensor and mount the sensor on the bar somewhare in a ballon,up underneath. set the sensitiviy right up high and when someone starts knocking the bar it bill chirp and eventually go off

how about that 1 :) hahah

·
Registered
nissan
1,154 Posts
As well as the standard retaining nut, I also fitted a Nylock nut on the thread afterwards in a different head size, this makes removal a very slow job with a shifter, and means you need tools with 2 sizes of sockets to remove fast.

I also thought about drilling a hole through the end of the threaded retaining bolt, something just big enough to get a small padlock to go through, so that way you cant get the nut off without removing the padlock first.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Having your lights on your roof can be a bit of a deterrent as they are harder to get to without being noticed. But then if they get your roof bar undone they have all 4 (or more) of your lights.

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Something i have always had on my mind is running 240V through the nuts and bolts and door handles, something you can deactivate with your alarm remote :)

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
guys u say all these great ideas ... but if they want it they will have it !!! all it takes is a cordless grinder!!.. i know first hand , they cut through your bar if the spotties are worth alot of money of if simple enough like most mountings of spotties they will just cut the nut off or the whole bolt its self.. !!!

sad but they are rat piss no hoping k*nts !!!

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
the spot weld is a great idea, only **** part is if sometime down the track you wanna fit hid's into your spotties..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts