1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come when I try to post a new thread all I get is this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I can post this crap, but not the words and video link that I actually want to post?

Cheers

Ray

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These two videos were taken around 1981-1982 going up the Caledonia Track in the Vic High Country (converted by Grahame from analogue to digital).
The first is my MQ hauling a dead Willys Jeep up the Caledonia TK (somewhere from the first of the steep climbs. I managed to dead haul it all the way to the Howitt High Plains main road, using the latest recovery equipment (some nylon sailing rope). I still don't know how the MQ managed to drag the Jeep all that way, but it did.
http://www.australianimage.com.au/images/ftp/MQ.wmv
The second video is of Grahame's G60 going up the same section. Grahame was worried that his old G60 wouldn't make it, but it ended up being a walk in the park for him.
http://www.australianimage.com.au/images/ftp/G60.wmv
Grahame's still converting more of the old stuff, so we may be able to post more from the 'Good Old Days'.
Cheers
Ray

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know what's going on, but copy the links. I can't edit the second post to fix things.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan
2,481 Posts
when i did the arb vid from 1986 i loaded them up to youtube.. easy as ray.. looks like u need to drop ya tyre pressures more ray :) lol good stuff tho;):bigthumb:

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i did the arb vid from 1986 i loaded them up to youtube.. easy as ray.. looks like u need to drop ya tyre pressures more ray :) lol good stuff tho;):bigthumb:
Don't know what went astray here, the vids are posted on my web site, so all that needed to work were the links; but there appears to have been other problems as well, as even without the links, I couldn't post the text. I copied the text fron Notepad to Word and then copied the Word text to the forum and it partially worked.

Hah! In them days, BFGs at 25PSI were considered low pressure, if anywhere but mud. Come to think of it, I still don't go below 24PSI in rocky terrain.:D

Cheers

Ray

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,248 Posts
I had the same issues the other day, its wierd. Once I re-worded my post it worked.

·
Registered
731 Posts

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting. I copied your links and did a preview, and it worked fine. For some reason, the original post is fcuked, I can't even edit it. It clearly has to be something to do with the forum software and it's likely retaining something in the server cache which refuses to accept the posts. It appears to be something akin to what happened when the server crashed last year and I had to create a new moniker.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
731 Posts
Magic G60

We all took turns to tow Brad's Jeep. This video shows that catching fire has been a "Jeep Thing" since 1942. It also shows the awesomeness of the G60, which can tow another car by telekinesis alone ;)

YouTube - Tanjil Nissan 2

The Statute of Limitations applies to these videos. Any stupidity therein can be attributed to the tight shorts we wore in the 80s restricting the flow of blood to our vital organs.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
i love the attire
You think it's a good look to wear budgie smugglers in the bush? :D:D

Awesome videos Ray, cheers for that.
Can't explain it, but somehow I think you loose something with 12,000,000 billion pixels.

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It also shows the awesomeness of the G60,...
What happened to the video of you at the bottom of the sandpit?

Cheers

Ray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts