Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
True, atleast they didnt raid a hospital or vandalise equipment for rescues....oh wait, grog, thats NOT RIGHT!!!!!

Carnts!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
There is a scumbag law although it has another name.

These arseholes will pay big time in financial terms and with their own 6x4 cell. I hope it equals rockspider status.

The locals can give me a call if they ever go back to where they live but I doubt my services would be ever needed ;)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
With all the footage of looters around the QLD flood times and the mention of harsher penalties
(They are double in a natural disaster as to any other time,and up to 10 years jail)
Youd think these half wits would take note

Theyre wouldnt be enuf grog in the world to get me a holiday in her majesties palace and a new boyfriend

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
All increasing sentences does is pacify the public. It DOES NOT reduce crime - of any sort. Do you think that if the crims believed they were going to get caugt that they'd actually do it? No. Therefor the sentence is a moot point.

I fing it offensive actually, that a bloke caught flogging stuff from a shop (that is likely to declare it written of anyway) has the potential to serve more time than the average rapist.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I find it offensive that these scumbags have such little regard for people and their property that they think everything is fair game whether it be during a flood or a cyclone or any disaster and as Mic said they don't really have any fear about being caught

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
They had the copper dude on the telly the other week during the floods when all the looting sh*t happen,he even read out the laws regarding looting laws during natural disasters
Stating the increased punishment
It doesnt stop anyone but youd think the punishment would be worse youd maybe think twice
Its not like its only one or two people affected from the events of late
I reckon throw the book at the little barstards

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Longer sentences are effective with some types of crims. Habitual thieves for instance. The more time they spend inside the less opportunity they have to steal. Not only that, but as they get older the prospect of doing a long lag does deter them. They are slow learners though.

An interesting point about the shop claiming insurance. I knew one crim who burgled a house and stole alcohol. Some full bottles of spirits and some partly used. He discovered that the owner claimed and was paid $2000 in compensation. He was outraged because he reckoned he'd only got a couple of hundred dollars worth. He did three months. In his mind the owner was a bigger crim than him. That's how they think.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Longer sentences are effective with some types of crims. Habitual thieves for instance. The more time they spend inside the less opportunity they have to steal. Not only that, but as they get older the prospect of doing a long lag does deter them. They are slow learners though.

An interesting point about the shop claiming insurance. I knew one crim who burgled a house and stole alcohol. Some full bottles of spirits and some partly used. He discovered that the owner claimed and was paid $2000 in compensation. He was outraged because he reckoned he'd only got a couple of hundred dollars worth. He did three months. In his mind the owner was a bigger crim than him. That's how they think.
You 'knew' one crim hey? So what's it like inside, estcove? ;):D

Stealing from an insurance company is fair enough - the thieve from us anally , er, annually.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
From what I've been told it's not much fun although some places are better than others.

My job was catching them that's how I know what they are like. Some of the regulars are quite talkative and you do get to know them after a while. Most are plain bad but others are just silly.

The Magistrates do have a tough job sentencing...wouldn't like to do it myself.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I wonder how many people here could say honestly when they were teenagers if they went past an unmanned open bottleo they wouldnt take a carton or 2 (not clean the joint out, but a carton or 2 for that night)? Not condoning it in anyway... just wondering.

now back to

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I stole a plastic parrot badge once from another kid at school. Felt so guilty that night, i took it back and fessed up and gave it back. We were good mates from than on all through school.

I've never stolen anything since, i have had every opportunity to, but didn't do it. Not even a guitar pick at a guitar shop. Always paid for what i took. Even if the cashier stuffed up i would go back in and pay.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts