Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My GQ was stranded in the Wonangatta Valley this week with collapsed wheel bearings.

I first ran into grief last Saturday (Melb Cup weekend) at the bottom of Zeka Spur and managed to nurse my truck into the Wonangatta Valley just past Dry River before the entire wheel assembly came off.

Because of the rainfall and impassable tracks/rivers, I was forced to wait in Melbourne and so only arrived back yesterday Nov 6th to fix it where it lay and get it home.

HOWEVER! As I drove up to my GQ I noticed my Arb bar and winch missing!!!

Now, between last Tuesday (Melb Cup day) and Thursday 4th, someone has stolen my ARB Bullbar along with my Warn Hi Mount and a pair of large Narva Spotties!!!

This is a f**kin dog act, seeing that we all go 4x4ing for the same enjoyable reasons and always give respect to each other in the bush.

If anyone was camping in The Wonangatta Valley between Melb Cup weekend and now and may have noticed a group that seemed suspicios or anyone around my GQ (Black/Grey sitting on 3 wheels in the centre of the valley) in that time, I would appreciate any info that you could give me.

Also it would be great if you guys could spread the word to ya mates and their mates so I have a better chance of receiving more info!

I want these rat *****s found..

Thanks in advance guys,

Dean

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Just's ****ing horrible man. Hope ya find em. There's always someone that Has to **** it up for other ppl. probably would of been pretty quite around the area through the week.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sorry to hear it mate, but I would never never ever leave my car anywhere like that. It is bound to happen not everyone does the right thing.

Rhys

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Get onto the Heyfield coppers, a few people got stuck in there after the rain and I think they were handling it. Someone might of seen something.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
There are just as many prycks (why is pryck unacceptable?) and thieves driving 4WDs, as any other type of vehicle. I leave nothing unattended nowadays.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hard Luck dude, I saw it sitting there on our way out (first thing on monday the 1st) it was still all there then. will keep an ear out and try and get the CNUT'S!!!
Low act

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If there was any way of getting my truck out then of course I would not have left it there.

I don't generally keep spare packed wheel bearings, stud axles, CV Joints etc with me! Plus after the amount of rain most tracks became impassible hence why stranded campers were receiving supplies via helicopter.

Cheers to the rest of you.

I have already contacted Heyfield Police Station and they have been very supportive so far and are already tracking down campers that were camped over MC.
One of the brain-dead crooks left the screwdriver in my car after trying to break through the ignition so I have handed them to the cops for prints.

Even if these *****s are not caught for this crime i'm sure they will get busted doing a similiar thing in the future.. but hopefully not by the cops first!

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Are you having a dig at me?

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
Nissan
795 Posts
That just sucks, only ever had gear stolen uot of the back...not off the vehicle....you'll get em keep any eye on e-bay and the such for one bullbar with winch to suit your car...not that many of them about i know cause i been looking for winches...not yours....

that's if they sell it

·
Registered
Nissan
228 Posts
... just past Dry River before the entire wheel assembly came off... I was forced to wait in Melbourne...Dean
Hi Dean.

How did you get to Melbourne?

·
Registered
140 Posts
thats bad luck that you've had there WLD.MUD, I know how you feel - my lightforce 240's dissapeared from mine one night while parked in my drive way..... but to also take your winch and bar, I am pretty sure they would have taken it all for their own personal use so I doubt that you will see this stuff for sale. Very SAD that we would call them a fellow 4wdriver, yet they will theive stuff from us when we are not looking or the vehicle left unattended.
I find it very hard to trust anyone nowadays.
Will your insurance cover it, put in a claim, it will add up and be worth the while in the end.

·
Registered
nissan gu
31 Posts
sorry to hear that mate i went to wonnagata one day a 4wd was broken down and left there but it had a big not on the window this 4wd is not abanded back soon it said i no this doesnt help what happend but maybe it might help in the furture

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ ute
362 Posts
I just had a pair of lightforce 240 pinched off my car out the front of my house last night. They couldn't get the main bolt off so they unbolted the adjuster bolt and neatly clipped the wires. How thoughtful

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
what ever happen to the good old days that they choped the hands and fingers off people that steel from others

sorry to hear what happen hope you catch them

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
i hate hearing stories like this, Makes me grind my teeth

·
Registered
nissan
72 Posts
Hate to mention the obvious but I think they'd be looking for a ute. cant see anyone fitting a bullbar in the back of a packed wagon.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
Hate to mention the obvious but I think they'd be looking for a ute. cant see anyone fitting a bullbar in the back of a packed wagon.
yeah or bolted it straight on. would not take long to unbolt and bolt to another vehicle in the middle of a track at 9pm when noone is going to drive past. I reckon that would be over in less than 15 minutes tops.

>>>>>>mate, what happened to you is a DOGS act, i have recently sold my house and moved my family cause i did not have a shed to park the GQ in and i was not prepared to park it in the street for exactly this reason. Some FARK would unbolt the front bar and help themselves to the front of my car, Hi mount and XGT HIDs and all in about 7 minutes without trying i reckon with 1 ratchet spanner and a pair of pliers and your gone.

STRING EM UP!!

are you insured? were the accessories listed? New Hi Mount here we come....nice

1 - 18 of 18 Posts