Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just woundering if any one has any suggestions on why im chewing so much diesel
going through 90lt in 350 km not leaking not blowing black smoke and not making oil got me stumped any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
You should write up more information.
If your not being greedy for power, a AM turbo will reduce consumption.

A trip to a reputable diesel tuner may be on the cards.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes sounds like it gone over every thing i know about to find the problem looks like more $$$$$ and i am running 8.8 psi not greedy for power just the 30% that the turbo gave me is enough

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Did you get it tuned by a professional? Incorrect timing can lead to high fuel consumption and mild overheating

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
i would say timing aswell , saying that my car is heavy on fuel around the city but on the hwy it uses very little, but that is the way i have tuned it, i have to learn to take it easy around the city to keep fuel usage down

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Just woundering if any one has any suggestions on why im chewing so much diesel
going through 90lt in 350 km not leaking not blowing black smoke and not making oil got me stumped any help would be appreciated
I'm not feeling well, what do you think it is? ;)

Mate we need more info....tyres size, lift, diffs ratios, driving style, towing, very large girlfriend?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
standard diff ratio for the 4.2 2" lift just around town driving no large girlfreind except for the gq with the usual mods like draws bull bar rear bar winch dule batt and running 31" tyres

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
standard diff ratio for the 4.2 2" lift just around town driving no large girlfreind except for the gq with the usual mods like draws bull bar rear bar winch dule batt and running 31" tyres
Thanks mate. Going on that then I agree with the others, first stop tuning house.
Maybe also check the brakes and/or handbrake aren't binding?

When mine was standard I could get around the 800k's.
It's down a fair bit now due to accessories, tyres, lift etc and that's why I asked.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all good looks like the $ shop thanks guys an will see what happens and how much it costs

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
what are your egts like?
go get it tuned should cost round $300

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
I'm not feeling well, what do you think it is? ;)

Mate we need more info....tyres size, lift, diffs ratios, driving style, towing, very large girlfriend?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::bigthumb:

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finished with tuning got alot more power now and not going through half as much fule $900 with pyro installed not to bad at all thanks for the replies guys that did reply

1 - 12 of 12 Posts