Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just want to see what peoples thoughts are about what suspension lift goes with what tyres.
For example.
can you do a 4 inch lift and run 33s. or a 6 inch lift with 33s.
or a 4 inch lift with 35s or a 6 with 35s.
or a 6 inch kit with 44s
any kind of lift with any size tyres no matter how stupid it might sound

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Its always refreshing when a brand new topic comes up for discussion.
:worthles::evillaug::evillaug::evillaug::evillaug::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously dude, hit search!

FWIW, I believe in keeping things legal unless you're willing to tow it to your playground... Small lift and lockers will get you most places the big boys go unless they are SERIOUSLY modded, in which case, it definitely shouldn't be on the tarmac!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I think 54's and lower the car 4inches is the shiz

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,510 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Mate, 2" and 285's is all you really need. As you go higher it just gets more expensive and less legal. Trucksters 30" lift on 54" tyres will struggle for insurance to start with.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Check whats legal in your state
As each state have different rulings

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am well aware what is legal in my state. the question was too find out what people have. so by spending the time to write up that it is worthless you may aswell just answer the question and if you couldnt be f***ed then dont do it at all.
simple question just requires a simple answer.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Not really a simple Q that requires a simple answer
What people use and whats legal in the appropriate states are 2 different things
Some prefer to stick to whats legal for insurance purposes
Where as other really couldnt F*cken given a toss

Then you have the fines,demerit points issue
IF your cars found with illegal mods

What answer would you prefer
The correct answer or the "I dont give a sh*t about whats right or wrong " answer ???

IF your state road laws state no more than 15MM above the maximum tyre fitted why would ya want 35" tyres ???
OR
IF the maximum suspension lift is 2" above standard
Why worry about a 4" lift ???

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
2inch lift and 33's unless you go out everyday of the week.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I think it's important to really think about what you want the car to do most of the time you drive it. Also, for most mere mortals cost is a factor too. If you want to use the car regularly perhaps 35" mud tyres and a proper 4" - 6" lift might be less than practical and an unwise way to blow $5-7000.

I needed my car to do a lot of kms on both dirt and bitumen, tow a trailer and at times carry a load. I also have a long range tank, heavy duty tow bar, dual batteries and steel bull bar. I asked a lot of questions of many of the vendors here on the forum and was as a result was sold a set of 2" Extra heavy duty springs and big bore shockies and the combo works a treat.

Tyre wise, I've gone back to 235/85R16 tyres ( 10 ply all terrains ) and they also do a great job for me.

That it all works well together and does the job safely and very effectively is more important to me than gear that is a lot flasher looking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts