Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any first hand experiences on the Racetech egt gauges?
I bought a cheap ebay brand EGT that was DOA so I want a good one this time round.. obviously the best are autometer and VDO but I cant justify spending 200+
Whats the thoughts on the Racetech and what kind of price can I expect to pay for one?

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
I have the Racetech EGT and boost gauges hooked up and find them pretty good there is a function on them to check your max temp which is quite handy and you can also set them up with an audable alarm so you know when your exaust gas is a bit to hot. i think i payed about 60-80 bucks of ebay for the egt one and it seems to go alright.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
67 Posts
ill back jets comments, my autometer pyro is nothing but rubbish, they are not all they are cracked up to be!

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,998 Posts
Just picked up a pair of Depo Racing gauges (EGT and Boost, stepper motor models). They have adjustable audible and flashing alarms, 7-colour dimmable lighting, and a 'opening ceremony' feature when you start the vehicle for a bit of **** factor :)

$450 from a truck supply store near me. Was going to get Stewart Warner but decided I wanted the alarm function.

·
Registered
nissan
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just another question for anyone who has used a racetech EGT, does the gauge Beep every time you start the car? Is it annoying?
Can you turn off the beep at startup but still retain the alarm feature of the gauge for when temps get too high?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlowe

ill back jets comments, my autometer pyro is nothing but rubbish, they are not all they are cracked up to be!
mattygq
why is that? not accurate?

I have double and triple check all my connections yet it still plays up, particually drops to zero then flicks back on. sometimes when i pull up at an intersection with blinker on and foot on the brake the needle will flick with the blinkers..

other than that it does what its meant to do;)

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
I have double and triple check all my connections yet it still plays up, particually drops to zero then flicks back on. sometimes when i pull up at an intersection with blinker on and foot on the brake the needle will flick with the blinkers..

other than that it does what its meant to do;)
Ahhhhhh, thats not the gauge at fault, run the new earth strap from your engine block to the negative of the battery, i also bet it will start better

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
Ahhhhhh, thats not the gauge at fault, run the new earth strap from your engine block to the negative of the battery, i also bet it will start better

yep, my thoughts tooo!

but hey, we are australian's, we wear thongs, footy shorts, wife beaters and drink beer.. its never the operators fault, its always the product! :D

·
Registered
Nissan
419 Posts
I have race tech Egt and boost. Wouldn't have anything else from now on, the beep at start isn't to bad, boost alarm came in handy for boost spikes on my zd30 befor I fitted Dawes valve

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
23 Posts
Just another question for anyone who has used a racetech EGT, does the gauge Beep every time you start the car? Is it annoying?
Can you turn off the beep at startup but still retain the alarm feature of the gauge for when temps get too high?
I want the answer to this. Alarm goes off on startup...annoying as hell. Anyone know if you can turn the startup alarm off? Otherwise its going out the window next time I hit 100.

·
Registered
nissan
720 Posts
Any first hand experiences on the Racetech egt gauges?
I bought a cheap ebay brand EGT that was DOA so I want a good one this time round.. obviously the best are autometer and VDO but I cant justify spending 200+
Whats the thoughts on the Racetech and what kind of price can I expect to pay for one?
Hi mate, just wondering if you have race tech egt wiring diagram? I have lost mine..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts