Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 TI with the factory maps still installed .now 5 years later they are out of date.
Can I get new maps and software to suit ?
Can I get with out paying nissan a fortune ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Crawa,

I have a 05 Ti aswell with the eurovox gps. I tried at nissan but the manufacturer no longer exists for these units (double check yourself with nissan) Under copyright laws, nobody else can take the maps on.

Basically you are stuck with it. What makes these ones worse is you cant even navigate across states.

My one has stopped working, the hard drive inside it just clicks now, at least I get the nissan badge on the screen

bcl74

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi all,

Back onto the subject of this, Does anyone have a mirror image saved of the hard drive inside the gps?

If not I would suggest you go get one done as I am unable to get the software that is installed (unless someone has a copy:D) which renders the piece of $&%# useless. For the meagre price this would cost it i am sure it would be worth it! $2700 for a complete kit from nissan

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Darn fine idea, dude... esp for the Eurovox vehicles. Still won't help with map updates AFAIK but at least you could keep it running I 'spose.

Thankfully mine is a VDO and I tried a while back to find updates for someone else with a Eurovox but was unsuccessful

1 - 4 of 4 Posts