Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wired a tigerz winch so you can have two rocker switches (power isolator and in-out) in there cab?

All the guides are for other winches such as warn. Do I need a relay or can I wire it straight from the solenoid box to the rocker switches?

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Wiring colour will be a bit different but the theory is the same. I used that info to wire up in cab controls for my TJM winch. Easy as.

No relays needed. Its only a small trigger voltage.

·
Registered
Nissan
36 Posts
Winch in-out will be fine from the solenoid box.
Isolating the winch is an entirely different kettle of fish. The amp draw on the 12,000 lb winch on their website is 270 amps, you'll need a super big realy/solenoid to isolate that much current.
Some other threads talk about using connectors for welding cable like this DKL 50 200 315A 35MM2 Welding Cable Quick Fitting Soldering M F Connector RED | eBay which are quick, up to the task and easy to fit. Just plug it in at the start of the day and unplug it at the end.
I just unbolt the positive line from the battery when I don't want the winch to have power.

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Or if you're like me you keep your manual control plug mounted on the grill so if you're by yourself you can actually winch without being in the cab.

Also have in cab controls though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts