Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying one of the Tigerz11 12,000lb winches (with rope) for my Patrol. Can anyone confirm that it'll fit in the standard Nissan steel bar in the pic below?

·
Registered
103 Posts
The single speed should fit no worries. The Dual speed version will not fit due to it being too wide. Currently I have the 10,000lb High speed version for sale for this very reason as they are the same width. Brand new!

Your only options are the single speed 12,000 or the dual 9,000lb version

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah Chopsy, it'll fit, I have the single speed 12,000lb fitted to mine. You'll just need to rotate the gearbox so you can get at the lever.

·
Registered
Nissan
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great, thanks guys. Quick question - do people recommend fitting an isolator under the bonnet, or in the cab for these? Someone mentioned to me that there were reports of folks having their winches messed around with or worse.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The 12,000lber comes with an in line isolator but it comes connected/wired up near the control box end, you can just flip it around so that it is then under the bonnet which is what I did.

·
Registered
Nissan
583 Posts
The 12,000lber comes with an in line isolator but it comes connected/wired up near the control box end, you can just flip it around so that it is then under the bonnet which is what I did.

The new stock of tigerz11 winches have the isolater up near the battery they have made a few small changes to it;)

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
The single speed should fit no worries. The Dual speed version will not fit due to it being too wide. Currently I have the 10,000lb High speed version for sale for this very reason as they are the same width. Brand new!

Your only options are the single speed 12,000 or the dual 9,000lb version
will they fit in any of the arb bars mate?

cheers?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm not positive but I believe they will. You will need at least 220mm of room from one of the fairlead mounting holes sideways to fit the motor. The Gearbox is not an issue! Still up for sale :santa:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gday Madcow, was that a 10000 Tigers11 and if so where are you located and how much. Might be interested for the right price.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts