Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any ideas about a gu that has 20 ml dfifference in hub to wheel arch height.
Springs have been checked and the are all ok, shocks checked as well and they are good. had a look at the cab mounts and they look ok as well so I am stumped. I drives straight and no skipping so i am guessing that the chassis is straight. Any one with any ideas would be greatly apprieciated.

·
Registered
nissan
1,175 Posts
Are you are taking the measurment off the plastic flare ?

If you are,I would suggest going from the diff to the chassis for a more accurate measure first ?

Then chassis to body

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
have you got offset caster correction bushes? if so one side may be incorrectly fitted or the bushes on one side may have spun or torn out.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for ideas fellas will get on to these things tommorrow and post results this one has me stuffed.

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
Patrols sag on the right hand side due to the uneven weight balance from the fuel tank.

Its not a major issue.

If you don't like it you can buy 5, 10, 15 and 20mm spacers from most suspension/4wd shops to slot into your RHS coils.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate, I am not sure about others but with the dobinson coils the right hand side is about 20 cm longer, i gather this is because of the tank issue. Even with this extra spring length it is still about 20 cm lower. It is not affecting much thats for sure just seems weird so I thought I would check it out. Thanks again.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
bassy01 said:
Even with this extra spring length it is still about 20 cm lower.
20cm? Buy a new tape measure. or you have a bent chassis.
20mm - dont worry about it

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Yes, mm is the metric measurement of distance. ml is the metric measurement of volume.

Yes your car is normal.

Yes I am being slightly sarcastic.

·
Registered
241 Posts
That happens a lot mate. On the drivers side you have the driver, fuel tank and spare tyre loading that side up more than the other. Each car is different and some are okay with the slightly longer coil on the driver side and some need that plus a spacer. Its pretty normal on wagons so don't worry to much.

Measure exactly how much its sagged down and then get the appropriate spacer and see how you go..

·
Registered
nissan patrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Ok then i wont worry about it all good then and yeah it was 20 mm my mistake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts