I cut approx 175mm off the existing chassis off and replaced it with 90x50x3mm rhs
dropped the springs of and reversed them only to find the bolt that carries the front
spring eye is a different size to the shackle end.
so after a lot of ringing round I found a new pair of steel/rubber original bushes and had
the old ones pressed out and put the new in,also I had some new 16mm u bolts made
up for a little extra strength.
Ive cut the brake line and will replace with new braided ones later,also Iwill need to
relocate the tube that holds the shockers on, backwards once ive put the axle back.
started to weld the 3mm galv sheet in after offering it up and marking the shape,
managed to cut it out in one piece.I welded in a 40x40mm rhs to the back side to help prevent the sheet from bowing and started welding at the bottom working up trying to
keep it in shape,once I got to the rhs I started to form the top using the seam as a guide
to bend round and filled the canopy bolt holes with weld at the same time.
when I cut the back off it wasnt perfect and that added time to the build as I had to make
good the body work as I went.long job but it turned out ok,filled the shop with smoke
due to the fact I had not removed all the sealer and sound deadener.
more pics might be in the wrong order,bear with me.