Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas was at 4x4 and tinny show today at the R.N.A and TJM have 12000 pound red centa winches for $500! just wondering if anyone has one or knows what they are like? i asked the guy if it was just a chinese one with there name on it and he said they are made by mile marker. but they have a 2 year warranty and for 500 bucks is it a bargain?? thinking of going back in the morning and grabbing one so plz any info would be great!!

thanks Goldy

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Not sure about the quality n that, don't know anyone who had one, but it sounds like a pretty good deal seeing as TJM has advertised the same winch for $999 in magazines and for in-store promotions.

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i thought and 2 year warranty through them. reckon ill get me one in the morning :)

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Where abouts are you? Might have to get one too haha

·
Registered
nissan patrol
128 Posts
500 bucks, id get 2 and sell one haha. According to my brother in law who works at a tjm store reckons the 12000lbs red centa retails for just under $2000 and they have them for $999 on sale now. So if you can get 1 for $500 you cab get me one too hahahaha

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i am heading there this morning to get 2 haha one for my patrol and one for the farm truck ( a 6 wheeler patrol. Sounds like i should buy a pallet full lol. i am in brisbane tommo. im hopeing i can ring up the store and get 2 off them so i dont have to go back into the 4x4 and tinny show!

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
If you could find out if that is possible, let me know because I will be going down to my TJM local and getting one too.

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Thanks heaps for that

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rang the store at 9 and they said it was a show special and had none at the store. i drove like a maniac back into the show and got the last 2 12000 pound ones. cheerin :)

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
I was at the show this afternoon (Saturday) and TJM had sold out of the 12000lbs red centas, but I paid for it at the show and they will deliver the winch to the nearest TJM store to your location. All the red centas are the same price, $500, no matter the rating, 9 10 or 12000. Hope to pick mine up by the end of the week and will post the outcome after easter as I will be using it at LCMP. As for the quality, the only trouble with the original winch was the control box, the old soleniod was dodgy so they have replaced it with the same one off the OX, so fingers crossed its all good.

More to come.

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Let us know how you go with the winch guys. Would be good to get some feedback on how they perform.

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no worries bud. tried to install it yesterday but just to long for my ARB bar. dammit should have got the 10000 pound lol. oh well nothing a welder wont fix. ill let ya know how it goes.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,823 Posts
Goldy what type of arb bar you got so I don't make the same mistake if the special comes my way

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its a Arb deluxe bar i think..not to sure came out on my truck standard. didnt have the holes in it for a winch but had out lines of where the cutouts are meant to be. i thought i would give them a tap with a hammer and sure enough they just popped out. one less cutting job i need to do :). as for fitting the winch if i had bought the 10000 pound it would have bolted straight on as the motor is 20mm shorter grrr but got out the grinder and welder today and made it fit :) not to much work. cheers

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Can i send you $500 and you get me one, make that $1000 and get me 2, ill cover postage

Let me know, at that price ill keep spares!

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry mate show ended today. you could try ringing tjm at coopers plains in brisbane to see if they have any left but they were getting sold pretty quick!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,823 Posts
Thanks goldy i hope that special comes to Sydney caravan show i might just grab the 10000

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi there,

It would be interesting to see what the winches are like. I have a Red Centa battery isolator, had no dramas with it whatsoever. It's a pretty simple unit, with no ability to manually operate.

Wonder if this special will come to Sydney. Also wonder why they are so cheap if they were originally $1K or $2K. Hopefully it is a stock clearout for a new model. That price is cheaper than a tigerz11

1 - 20 of 22 Posts