Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The no take zones that are going to be put in place will mean we cant take our kids fishing or fish in alot off great spots around our state! There will be a public meeting at the Burnside Town Hall, Corner of Greenhill and Portrush Roads On Tuesday the 5th of April at 7pm. To voice our concerns. With Fisheries officers and local MP's. If you want to continue fishing in some of youre favorite spots come to the meeting!. Cheers Jeff:)

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
hmmmm Over fishing is pretty common. I dont mind them restricting fishing.

I once saw a bunch of chokies chopping up 3 large marlin at the boat ramp in Bermagui. We told the cops. They came down with sirens on too. Them chokies got their s*** repacked that day.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
hmmmm Over fishing is pretty common. I dont mind them restricting fishing..
theres a difference in restricting it and killing it off.
didnt they do this too on lots of NSW coast line?

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Yeh but as these things go, when fish stocks are up, who are the first people to reopen fishing due to tourism possibilities? The people who made the ruling in the first place.

Nothing changes. New governments need votes too.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But here there talking closing off recreational places, surf fishing etc. Im'e all for bag limits etc, but its rediculos to stop public fishing off certain beaches etc. There's a link with the maps where they propose to stop recreational fishing ille try to put the link up! Basically its most off the spots where you can go and camp,take your kids for a fish etc. Even alot of the fishery guys dont want it but some 25 odd year old suit thats probably never fished is behind it.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,520 Posts
Well, when we put Greenies in balance of power positions and the bureaucratic side of politics is run by people of similar persuasion, that's what we get. Get used to it it's going to get worse. We are in the middle of a new Snapper closure period up here, funny thing is the last few years have seen some of the best snapper fishing for a long time, less pro pressure and they have made a came back even closer in shore. And there are more green zones to come.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, when we put Greenies in balance of power positions and the bureaucratic side of politics is run by people of similar persuasion, that's what we get. Get used to it it's going to get worse. We are in the middle of a new Snapper closure period up here, funny thing is the last few years have seen some of the best snapper fishing for a long time, less pro pressure and they have made a came back even closer in shore. And there are more green zones to come.
Yeh they do it here aswell which i think is good as stocks climb!The Pro's are ok with it too cause during snapper season there getting more! Hey Im'e all for having closed seasons on certain varietie's etc. Cause it will bring the stocks up. But to stop you fishing of a certain jetty or beach with youre kids is absolutly Stupid! how are rereational fisho's who obey the bag limits etc. going to have an impact of fish and marine life. A 7 meter pro boat would pull in more fish in one session than i would in 10 years down on the beach every day.:)

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont any of you adelaide guys go fishing! lol Theres furk all else to do here

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmmm Over fishing is pretty common. I dont mind them restricting fishing.

I once saw a bunch of chokies chopping up 3 large marlin at the boat ramp in Bermagui. We told the cops. They came down with sirens on too. Them chokies got their s*** repacked that day.
Over-fishing falls into commercial:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts