1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys,
Iv read heaps of post on this subject but just get more confused,
Block EGR with solid plate or with hole?
Anyone had problems with engine light coming on?
Iv spoken to united fuel injection and turbo tech here in perth
And there not interested and don't want to talk about EGR blocking.
I have oil catch can, 3" exhaust, K&n air filter, DP chip.

Anyone in perth that knows we're to go to speak to someone about this,
Any feedback greatly appreciated

Thanks brad

·
Registered
Nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply oldbloke, yeah I understand it's illegal, but there is so much conflicting info as to do or not.
How long has your blanking plate been in?
Can you not just block it and get some chip or something to trip the ecu so the engine light didn't come on?

·
Registered
160 Posts
About 2 years, iv'e got a scan-gauge so if fault light comes on i can clear them. If car is still under warranty i wouldn't do it. your call.

·
Registered
nissan
2,771 Posts
I blocked mine at 5,000ks, 2010 Patrol, no hole. Waste of time if you drill a hole IMO, the crap still gets in. Also fitted a catch can at the same time.

Last week I fitted a boost gauge nipple into the intercooler just at the outlet, and the inside of the intercooler was dry after 36,000ks with this setup.

Perfect - that should mean no gunk buildup.

I clear the occasional codes with the Scangauge. I find the P0401 code throws when occasionally it detects insufficient EGR (ie no crap exhaust) at idle. Haven't had a code at highway cruising speeds, which is another condition for EGR input.

Reactions: Bogmeister

·
Premium Member
Nissan GU1 4.2
417 Posts
I have a 2010. Blocked off. Engine light comes on about once a fortnight, so a scanguage is a must for me.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
797 Posts
I have a 2013 model and i used the plate with the hole as its still under warranty. When it runs out i will fully block it!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Mine comes on if it leave sitting at idle for a while but the Ultra gauge clears it no worries. I have a full block

·
Registered
Nissan patrol y61 2013
24 Posts
I blocked my EGR on my 2013 gu and it uses more fuel than before around 50 km less on half a tank and havent really notice any difference other than running a bit cooler 1-2 deg thinking of taking it out as I have a provent catch can don't really want to lose around 100km out of my tank for minimal gain if any

1 - 13 of 13 Posts