Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1989 Gq td42 with Switzer turbo. After being shown lots of goodies on this forum, a laminova IC, probably a different turbo and a Gu pump with boost controller, will happen shortly .

In the mean time, is it worth dynoing it. From what I've read it always seems to cost $700 800 which seems a waste if all its going to tell me that I should get the above goodies!

What a typical cost for a dyno tune .

Cheer Greg

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Not sure where you are going to get ripped off $700 - $800 for a basic tune.... shouldn't be more than $200 if it's just simple fuel adjustment and 2 or 3 power runs.

Loxton.... that's where my shorty came from :)

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shorty looks great, but for the life of me I don't remember seeing it around.

Thanks for setting a benchmark for dyno pricing, in fact I wouldn't have known what to ask for and sound as if I knew what I was talking about.
For that sort of$ I'll get one done, after fitting an egt and boost discovered boost only 4 psi and egts of 650+ if I wasn't carefull !

Have bumped the boost up to 7psi and egts have dropped, but I think it's time to get an expert to look at it.

What was the surname of the previous owner of the shorty, if I can ask?

Cheers Greg

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I'll pm you.

And yes, sounds like you have 2 much fuel. Does it blow black smoke much?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts