Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as the topic suggests, I'm considering buying a go pro.

Basically i have been offered one of the 'HD pro motorsports kits' for $300 which is an incredible price but i am wondering ppl's experiences with them?

My main concern is that the record button is on the front of the camera as is the recording light which makes it difficult to know when its actually recording. Once fixed to the windscreen i can imagine this to be a problem.

There also doesn't appear to be a remote way of pressing record limiting where you can attach it to your vehicle (if it were on the front bar or roof-rack, you couldn't reach the record button).

On the flip side, the footage they produce is exceptional.

Your thoughts folks? Anyone used them?

Cheers.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Trust Me GO Pro!!!!!!

Here are some of my pics from my HD Motor sport

I will upload some video soon. So far i have used it on heaps of cars, Rockcliming, Water skiing, Wakebording, Kneebording, kayaking and heaps of other cool thing.

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
I have the $200 Go Pro, great units, great footage etc.
Have mounted the camera everywhere, screen, bonnet, bullbar etc.

The button on the front turns the camera on, there is another button on the top which is the record stop/ start. you can see the red flashing light through the tiny view finder while driving.

Only hiccup with it to remember to turn it off LOL after doing some tracks

·
Banned
1,723 Posts
I have the motorsport camera from go pro and am very very happy with the performance . I did buy all the optional mounts for it also . Here is some vid from the camera mounted to the roof rack/basket if you look closely at the vid you can see the camera mounted on the right front side of the roof rack , rectangular silver shape

YouTube - Little Camp Road Easter 2010 LCMP.wmv

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
The sound is next to useless. Video is well worth it though. I have mine mounted to the roll bar and you can read all of the dash gauges in HD which is the main reason I got it.

If you load the new firmware you can set it to record when you switch it on. much easier.

Just turn it on and let it go, you can edit it later. I record 2-3 hours at a time which is about all the battery will do.
You can cut a hole in the housing and power it off your vehicle and record until the memory card is full, 32 gigabytes is a LOT of video.

this isnt the widest... this is down-sampled HD which is about 120 degrees field of view.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMrzK6GIIpo

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
I have the motorsport camera from go pro and am very very happy with the performance . I did buy all the optional mounts for it also . Here is some vid from the camera mounted to the roof rack/basket if you look closely at the vid you can see the camera mounted on the right front side of the roof rack , rectangular silver shape

YouTube - Little Camp Road Easter 2010 LCMP.wmv
How much did every mount cost you all up, I know from the few that I have bought they are not cheap......

And there are a few of them......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts