2" old man emu springs
40mm Body lift
31" Bighorns
TJM roof rack
Side steps
Nightstalker driving lights
Snorkle
Extractors and 2 3/4" exhaust

First thing was to give it a good service. putting new fluids in the motor, gearbox, diffs etc.

Took it out for its first run in the hills today with dad's cruiser. Went everywhere i pointed it, got bogged but nothing a bit of digging and some right boot couldn't help.

Tell me what you think...

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Few action shots of when i first bought it.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Added some decent uni filters

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought a few spares

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next thing was to tidy up the roof gutters, the roof rack had been on for a while by the looks of it and had worn away some of the pain. decided to give it a bit of a spray. not that happy with how it tured out as i used some crappy paint, but at least its protected now.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nex thing was a GME 3220 UHF i picked up cheap of a club member, and then bought an antenna and radio surround off batteryshack.com. all up cost me $200, which isn't bad considering the 3220 from GME still goes for over $300 just for the radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried my hand at building a set of draws for the back.

Bought some top rollers for $320, best few bucks i've spent. they run so smoothly and have a simple locking mechanism. also rated to 125kgs each so i doubt they will be breaking anytime soon. Had to mount them at different heights (if anyone noticed) as we attached them with nut and bolts for extra strength.

Put some aluminium edging, handles and marine carpet to finish them off as well as instaling some sockets, which will go on one of the side panels whe i get to it, for when the dual battery comes along to run the fridge from the back as well as other 12v things..

All up on the draws with everything included i would have spent around $600, and once the i get a fridge slide it will probably be nudging the 1k mark, but its exactly how i wanted, and i've had fun building it with dad as well as learning stuff along the way, so i'm more then happy.

Might add an extra shelf above one side of the draws to hold things like chairs and a table that seem to roll around in the back and use the other side will be for the fridge.

If anyone wasnt any info about the draws or how they came together, just ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finished pics of the draws. also made up some speaker boxes for the front, next time i think i would make one big box for both speakers, but still very happy with how they came up.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought a reverse light and bracket mount next. not 100% sure how i want to hook it up yet, but i have tried the light and wow its bright!!

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bought a fire estiguisher. Anyone know the best place to mount it? This is where i was thinking

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a few spare hours one weekend so i deceided to make up a drop down table.

I think all up it cost me about $5 for some hinges as i had everything else from the draw build.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So this is where i am now up to now.

Halfway through installing my dual battery.

Bought a projecta 150amp kit, with an arb tray as they were about $100 cheaper then the piranha ones. The only thing i don't like about the projecta kit is the fused terminal as it sits up too high and it hits on the bottom of the bonnet. Will be looking into getting an inline fuse to suit soon.

Also bought an oposite lock dual bettery monitor to mount in the cab but haven't got that far yet.

As well as that i wired in a fuse box to run everything off like the uhf, spotties, and two 12v sockets that are in the draw system in the back.

Got the battery free from the parent who bought a new one for their caravan. Its a 75ah deep cycle unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finished off the dual battery this morning. Hooked it all up and it works!

Glad to have this one finished! :)

Had to pull the steering wheel off to drill the mounts into place for the led monitor. very happy with how it all turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers guyes, got a fair bit more in mind hopefully before uni goes back for the year.

got a 4wd show coming up in albury next weekend so i'm saving the pennies for that.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,092 Posts
sweet looking rig mate! keep up the good work. by the way recon u can make me a draw system like that?

cheers Finchy

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers finchy, haha can't say i'd wanna do that job again. so much tedious stuffing around. was about 6 sundays on and off coz i'm a bit of a perfectionist, and i haven't really finished it yet. still got a few things i want to add.

Did you get that barwork on? can't wait to see photo's!

Went out driving this afternoon with a 4" lifted cruiser that had 35's. I really need some new shoes. 33's at least and i think the turbo may have come up the list a few notches too haha.

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bit of an update, went for a spin on the weekend with a few mates. one has a stockish hilux n the other had a turbo'd 75 series on 35's with custom barwork all round that went pretty hard. got bogged, found some new tracks and had an absolute blast!

Got a few photos but was too busy driving to get anything really except flexing up on a log we found. Would have driven right up to the end without the swaybar i reckon. might have to look into some swaybar disconnects. anyone had experience with any particular brand? And yes, thats as far as the hilux would flex! the back left wheel was already off the ground!

Anyways, after the weekend decided one night after work i'd give the patrol complete service. Got most of the oils at trade price which helped.

This is what i used, if anyone is interested.

Engine: Wesfil Z115 filters and Fuchs Titan GT plus 20W-50 Semi Synthetic oil, 10.4 litres

Front diff: Fuchs Titan Gear HYP 80W-90 oil, 5.4 litres

Transfer case: Fuchs Titan Gear HYP 80W-90 oil, 1.7 litres

Gearbox: Fuchs Titan Gear 75-90, 3.9 litres

Rear diff: Castrol Gear LSX 85W-140, 2.2 litres

3 hours, with the help of my brother, and $200 later the patol feels like it has a new lease on life. Gear changes are now a lot smoother, unless its just my imagination.

Apologies for the crappy phone pics, thats all i had at the time. (don't the 31's look small!!)

Tell me what you think..

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Tuff looking rig loving the custom work all round! dual battery is my next thing i recon, u got a total price of it by any chance?

btw dont worry about sway bars man... i got a 3" lift with 33's and took the swaybars absoultley no difference i dont recon. but personal opinion i guess!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts