Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im from echuca and me and a mate who are fairly new to 4x4in are heading to toolangi next sat. Just wondering if anyone else that knows There way around there will be up there so we can catch up.
and yeah we have gq's both fairly capable (well so far they have been)
Cheers guys,
Simo

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Im def lookin forward to it. Any one got a good track they know to take? We both running 35's and lift and don't mind brakeing stuff to.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
EDIT: You have got to be kidding, get rid of the word filters! We are all adults here. I can't even type the name of a track!

Aeroplane track, cockpit, blowhard.... with all this rain that should keep you amused for a while.

Enter cockpit from the east end I think it is, then continue onto blowhard afterwards. I haven't done either of these since they were graded, but have heard they have gotten good again.

Enter aeroplane from the south east end to go up the hill.

·
Registered
nissan
104 Posts
airoplane is boring if its even a little dry.. try rocky track its just off melba high way or there is a track that runs parralel to melbe high way thats ment to b challangin..i suggest u grab a map there only 10 bucks from yarra glen servo..ill probably b out there any way( go there most weekends) ill let u no if i do..my group consists of two gq shories and a 100 series running 33s and winchs ..o and a d22 on 32s lol its good for a laugh we always try the ahardest sh!!t we can find

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
airoplane is boring if its even a little dry.. try rocky track its just off melba high way or there is a track that runs parralel to melbe high way thats ment to b challangin..i suggest u grab a map there only 10 bucks from yarra glen servo..ill probably b out there any way( go there most weekends) ill let u no if i do..my group consists of two gq shories and a 100 series running 33s and winchs ..o and a d22 on 32s lol its good for a laugh we always try the ahardest sh!!t we can find
You haven't been awake for the last few years, have you? Glenburn track (parallel to hwy) has been gone since they started the the pipeline years ago. Rocky is pretty boring these days, it has pretty much gotten down to hard large rocks that don't move, where it used to be a track that was constantly changing, it now stays the same and isn't much of a challenge for 35's and a locker at the front. But worth a look anyway. Aeroplane after this rain will be awesome as long, as, like you say, it doesn't dry out.

·
Registered
nissan
278 Posts
hey.
can i come too :)
have a TD42 GQ on 37" tyres, winch, recovery gear..
i can meet you at some servo near Toolangi and just go exploring, as i havt been there before.
and ill be coming from Melbourne.

·
Registered
nissan
104 Posts
I have never been down glen burn track just heard about it.. Snd agreed on rocky track my mate did it i'n the shortie on 33s no lockers was to easy but a few hairy moments... Unless it's wet i don't find toolangi to have many awsome tracks.. There are a few extremely steep lose rock tracks that come off marginal road... Like i say best thing is grab a map get there early and just explore..

·
Registered
nissan patrol
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We will be heading there late fri night, start exploring firstthing satmorning. If any one is coming or can let us know some track names just pm me ya number and will txt ya. Cant wait to have a look around up there...

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
was up there after the new year, and there was some good tracks around campsite track, not sure which direction though as we were just driving and had to go back to camp for dinner, but it looked like it was getting wetter

·
Registered
274 Posts
Im keen for a drive, but how serious are you guys thinkinking of going. I just had arthroscopic surgery yesterday so not super keen to digging myself out all day??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts