Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Well i was changing my fuel filter on tuesday , found out i needed a speacial wrenchy thing to get the water sensor off :/ . Resorted to a clamp ! Anyways what i want to know is what tools or equipment you have that you couldnt go with out or use to change parts or body work ect or any speacial mechanical tool that you would need to perfom this and general maintanance.
I.e like my fuel filter wrench thing ( what is it called ).
Cheers chris

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
ha ha ha ...... I finall bought one of those serpent thingos ( the ones that undo pipes and filters ). Before that I would just remove the whole assembly then hammer a screw driver through the fuel filter in order to remove it from the housing.

The two tools I cant go away without are :

1: Full socket set and breaker bar
2: Tape (the thick stuff)

Oh and one of those security star things for removing the MAF on the 3 litre.

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha , exactly why i started this thread lol .will be on the hunt for one , cheers ! Anyone else have anything :D

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
Before that I would just remove the whole assembly then hammer a screw driver through the fuel filter in order to remove it from the housing.
You must be doing something wrong, like you are using a filter wrench to do it up or not lubing up the "O" ring, I can undo the fuel filter with just my hands. Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts