Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Rogue
22' Ranger Raptor V6TT
20,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I currently have a tool set in my GU Patrol permanently but, there is alot of stuff I don't use and alot of stuff I need. So im listing what I need(want) so when it comes up on ebay or I see something at a garage sale, I can justify getting it. :santa:

This is what I have come up with so far.

6mm to 21mm sockets
1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" ratchets
Extension bars for ratchets
6mm to 19mm combo spanners
Screwdrivers
2' breakerbar
Ball pain hammer
Side cutters
Pliers
Multigrips
Vise Grips
Prybar/Long screw driver
Magnetic tray
Extrendo picker-uper-er
Allen keys
Large Shifter
Punch

Yes its excessive but if I need something for a Patrol, I want it to be there. If its not metric, I don't want to know about it, fractions are a stupid idea.

Have I missed anything?

·
Hello...is there anybody in there?
nissan
296 Posts
You only need two tools:

WD-40 and Duct Tape !
* If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.
* If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

:evillaug: :evillaug: :evillaug: :toothmis:

·
Rogue
22' Ranger Raptor V6TT
20,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You only need two tools:

WD-40 and Duct Tape !
* If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.
* If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

:evillaug: :evillaug: :evillaug: :toothmis:
They're not tools, thats life support, I carry WD-40 and duct tape like a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,367 Posts
Breaka bar! Those pesky body mount bolts!

That socket thingamajig for adjusting front wheel bearings (Bearing wholesalers has them for $12)

Spare ZD30 (hehehe)

A 100mm length of 16mmx3mm angle iron with the corners ground for undoing mangled diff oil holes. (shove a shifter on it! And always undo the filler hole first!)

Multimeter - Learn how to use it too :D

Tongs, olive oil, egg flip - how many times do you go bush and forget these? I keep them in the tool roll ;) lol mmmmm yummy!

·
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches
nissan patrol
2,638 Posts
Think about some auto electrical stuff.....wire strippers and crimpers as well as lugs, wire, multimeter/test probe. etc.

As far as socket sets go, I haven't worried about the 3/8" size. I work on the basis that I can go from the largest 1/4" socket (12mm) to the smallest 1/2" socket (10mm in my case), so I have a fair range.... However, I have a few different lengths of 1/2" extension bars as well as a rachet, fixed bar (which I can add a length of pipe onto for extra leverage) as well as a 15" breaker bar.

Stanley knife, rubber mallet, brass drift/s..... heaps of other chiz I can't think of at the moment.

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Don't forget the magic epoxy putty for radiator and fuel leaks and the windscreen chip repair kit!

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
The kitchen sink.
:evillaug::evillaug::evillaug::evillaug::grinroll::grinroll::grinroll:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.