Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone concerned about the way they refered to their tow strap as a snatch strap all the time? I hope it wasn't REALLY a snatch strap they were using for towing...:confused:

Other than that (and warnies useless segment) I enjoyed it.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
4,691 Posts
Thinks its all in good humour

Seriously who tows caravans like those guys

There were a few issues of safety, but hey im still larfing about the episode

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, but to refer to the tow strap as a snatch strap is a bit of a concern. Many inexperienced 4x4ers wouldn't realise they might be joking (if they were) and tow with the snatch strap... the rest is obvious. Like I said, i enjoyed it bar a couple of niggles.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It definitely has been better than their last shot at Top Gear Aus. I just wish they would give Warney the boot! He is a big douche and I would rather see any one of the other three even with their complete lack of vocabulary do the segment.. Or maybe paul hogan? "YOU PRETZEL"

·
Registered
27 Posts
I thought I was back camping with the father in law.... still laughing...:grinroll:

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Na I enjoyed it. Yea I do agree though the strap was a little concerning. And really can't they get someone with some sort of credible car knowledge to do the segments warnie is doing. I mean he is a cricketer and always will be. You don't put some cricketer in a indycar v8 powered gokart. He is destined to fail.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The tracks where they were smashing the shlt out of the campers is near Freemans Waterhole nsw, if you have ever been to the hunter valley from the south - you have driven past it., i have been there with the boys once or twice and let the missus have a go :confused:
Hope the prix didnt leave shlt everywhere up there - theres enough dumping around here as it is.
Cant stand that kenny guy though - sooo lame:headwall:

·
Registered
921 Posts
We show in Moscow, the English version of Top Gear
Well done guys certainly have a lot of humor
but in their broadcasts too many Land Rover, as if this is the best machine
we call them - vedrover (bucket of bolts)
If you see a Land Rover on the road, it means he goes to the service or from service
but still I like to transfer because of their humor

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I agree this series is 100% better than the last series but still 100% lesser than the UK series. ;)

And yes, get the FK rid of Shane Warn. What a dikhead. Always was, always will be and has no place on a car show. The guy can't even read a script without sounding like a brain dead moron :rolleyes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree this series is 100% better than the last series but still 100% lesser than the UK series. ;)

+1 on Jeffs comment. This is one thing that the Poms can do better than us. :-?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Such an annoying show aus top gear and yes shane needs to be given a duck and walked off...

Yes people watching are silly enough to copy what they do and the should at least make a effort to do the right thing / practices.

UK top gear is as Jeff said 100% on aus top gear, I record it and watch in fast forward till what i want to see.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Best thing about aus top gear is Theres no jeremy clarkson calling a commodore a Bath-hurst edition ."What a Pretzel"
But i agree piss off warney an it might have a chance.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
7,263 Posts

And yes, get the FK rid of Shane Warn. What a dikhead. Always was, always will be and has no place on a car show. The guy can't even read a script without sounding like a brain dead moron :rolleyes:

yeap no such words have been typed truer (farks hows that english)

What the hell warnie has do with a car show has me stumped, It's kind of like having gillard run this country.:headwall:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I guess I've been spoiled, working in the UK for a number of years and seeing many of the UK episodes.

Clarkson, May and Hammond are funny, educated and articulate. Their producers know how to put the show together.

So with such a good recipe, why does the Australian version look like a Bogan's Picnic?:headwall: :roll:

·
Registered
202 Posts
They originally was on the look out for a nobody, a regular person off the street to be in the show. Wonder what happened to that?

Not only get rid of Shane Warne but get rid of the other Shane( jeremy wannabe) as well!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts