Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noted that my GQ's left nose tends to lift on an incline, I thought that I was used to my MQ and that I only had to get use to it, but have seen a few Swb GQ's on youtube that also do it, to the extent that they fall over.
What do I do to prevent this?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
82 Posts
Ours does the same thing on a decent climb can count on the left coming up

·
Previously known as twodiffs
nissan
3,667 Posts
Do you have the TD42?? if so then get used to it mate...It's torque and unleashed raw power :evillaug:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Patrol run's a fuel injected L28 motor, so there is not a lot of torque, and it lifts when I'm crawling, so it is not that my right foot is planted.
I spoke to a friend who builds comp trucks, and he said that I need to make sure that the back is 2" higher than the front, I've got the full new 2" OME kit, and the rear seems to hang, so i want to correct this to see

·
Registered
413 Posts
Isn't this the fun of owning a SWB?

And thinking back to situations where there is a front tyre in the air its 9 times out of the front left offroad but I assumed that was because I was on the drivers side holding it down.

Also go around a left bend slowly and put the power on. Mine will pick the left front up if I push it hard enough. Scary if you dont expect it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it worries you that much put the rear sway bar back in (assuming you've taken it out).

I fixed mine by putting stiffer rear springs in, it still does it but not as easily and doesn't rise as high.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
It's due to the way the engine twists/turns.. you will also notice that you break the LHS engine mount more often as this is the one that stretches most.

·
Registered
nissan
33 Posts
me to but its mainly when i ask it to do it. haha just a little left hand corner in second. down with the right foot and up with the left tyre. scare the **** out of the missus hahaha

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
If you want flex you'll just have to get used to it.
When getting moving when towing something heavy my Mav torques up a lot in 1st and 2nd gear, passengers side of the bonnet gets to about 6 inches higher than the drivers side.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When we installed the OME suspention, there ware a left and a right side coils, when I look at the vehicle the left is higher than the right, something tells me we installed it he wrong way round and that because you get the left nose lifts, you need to have right side higher.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorted
I had a look and the coils on the lefthand side (when in side the vehicle) was longer than those on the right, I swapped them, so now the right is longer than the left, 90% of the torque twist is gone.
If you have a lot of torque twist make sure they installed the coils correctly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts