Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can adjust the clearview style tow mirror, manually. Most I have found come with a power plug, but I don't have power mirrors so wondering if this will still work or whether I would have to wire them up somehow to a switch. Do they just need power and ground?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I’m sure I found some full manual clear view copies on eBay last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,559 Posts
Th8s is what I have been trying to figure out myself for the last couple of months.

@turps I’d love to see a link to said manual copy (thinking Bettaview) cause I’ve been told they are available but can’t find them anywhere. I’ve even emailed suppliers and get a pretty blunt response from eBay sellers that “No sorry....We don’t stock that type” ect.

Pretty frustrating when your given varied info.

·
Premium Member
nissan
6,956 Posts
Does anyone know if you can adjust the clearview style tow mirror, manually.
The smart thing to do might be to look at the Clearview web site. It shows that a set of electric mirrors for a GU Patrol is $745 and a set of manual ones for the GU are $695.

·
Registered
Nissan
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m sure I found some full manual clear view copies on eBay last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you stumble upon them again, could you post the link. Not keen on spending 700 for a set of mirrors from clearview

·
Premium Member
nissan
6,956 Posts
If you stumble upon them again, could you post the link. Not keen on spending 700 for a set of mirrors from clearview
How about these? I know they are electric but I'm pretty sure they can still be adjusted manually.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,407 Posts
I would also guess you can adjust other electric ones manually.

I can definately adjust my electric clearview ones manually

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would also guess you can adjust other electric ones manually.

I can definately adjust my electric clearview ones manually

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Oh really that's good, the supplier I messaged about the electric ones said the electric part couldn't be adjusted manually. Might just give them a go, can on sell them if they don't work I guess. My Ute doesn't even have the extension arms for the mirrors atm so want to get something better

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Does anyone know if you can adjust the clearview style tow mirror, manually. Most I have found come with a power plug, but I don't have power mirrors so wondering if this will still work or whether I would have to wire them up somehow to a switch. Do they just need power and ground?
@JakeWild has something along these lines from memory, he might be able to offer some advice as well.

·
Super Moderator
nissan
301 Posts
@JakeWild has something along these lines from memory, he might be able to offer some advice as well.
I have seen the full manual versions Clear View. I'm not sure how they power up without looking into the workshop manual.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,407 Posts
Oh really that's good, the supplier I messaged about the electric ones said the electric part couldn't be adjusted manually. Might just give them a go, can on sell them if they don't work I guess. My Ute doesn't even have the extension arms for the mirrors atm so want to get something better
You cast an element of doubt in my head with this so I just double checked. I can definately move the electric mirror by hand. Of course only one of the mirrors are electric. The lower one is manually adjusted anyway (clearview brand).

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,559 Posts
You cast an element of doubt in my head with this so I just double checked. I can definately move the electric mirror by hand. Of course only one of the mirrors are electric. The lower one is manually adjusted anyway (clearview brand).
I’m guessing your doing this by pushing on the glass itself to adjust it. I’ve had the thought of this myself as I used to do this with a falcon I once owned.

I suppose they could be fitted and used, with the option of wiring them up in the future as I’ve looked into the wiring diagrams and it can be done with the expensive second hand mirror switch.

Reactions: trev zd30

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,407 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i finally managed to buy a set of the ebay copy clearviews, electric ones and can confirm you can adjust them manually

1 - 15 of 15 Posts