Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day to all i look forward to going through this build up & researching more from this site.
Was a member many yrs back but sold that troll as could not do the job i needed & that left me no choice but to change livery stables..... But i'm back.

Been a 6 mth project...
So started as a Std 2001 White ST ZD30 which was striped out & sold off.:D
Now replaced with 6.5 Chevy Diesel with a Holset Turbo and small Intercooler.:D

Given it was a bog stock as a rock with a window tint i will modify as funds & time allow. So far its been fast but we all do that out of the gate then slow alittle dont we?

So far fitted -
Full length tracklander Roofrack
Second hand TJM winch bar i need to tidy up & then a winch sometime
Got some secondhand Allied Mags & 305 muds which need replacing asap
Homemade draws i used timber & alloy & ARB fridge slide with a 50lt Waeco
Pair of Blackduck canvas seatcovers
SAAS Boost guage & will get around to an EGT at some stage soon
Took 5w handheld out of my other 4wd

To do list - rearbar & tyre carrier then suspension 3-4 inch
Have all the parts to fit AGM 105a/h ontop of rear draws as there's no room left under the bonet :headwall:
A bunch of other little things like the reardoor bracket, build a foldout reardoor table, need a compressor soon & maybe a locker down the track..

·
Registered
Nissan
255 Posts
Very nice, especially the engine! good work

·
Registered
Nissan 2002 GU TD42 Coil Cab
255 Posts
Towie, Thanks for all the detail on the thread I started looking for info about the Brunswick installation, for some reason I can't reply on that thread. Keep getting an error.
Have sent an email to the webmaster so hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Cheers
Peter

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Awsome setup so far. Do you still have your ute?

·
Registered
Nissan
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SIM - yes keeping it up Nth i will be back every 8-10 weeks & might take it for a sprint up the Cape again to see some mates in Wiepa... i might go out Dalberg again on the way Sth to see the crops..

FROSTY - i know :( but its a work in progress. Will wait to get in your nieghbourhood before i lift it - rearbar it - & finish it off..

PATROL 28 - no not yet i will wait till i move down Sth in January be interesting to see how far behind the Duramax it will be.... when are you Dynoing your animal.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
SIM - yes keeping it up Nth i will be back every 8-10 weeks & might take it for a sprint up the Cape again to see some mates in Wiepa... i might go out Dalberg again on the way Sth to see the crops..
So will your ute will become a bush basher and will this be your daily/tourer ?

·
Registered
nissan
1,356 Posts

FROSTY - i know :( but its a work in progress. Will wait to get in your nieghbourhood before i lift it - rearbar it - & finish it off..

PATROL 28 - no not yet i will wait till i move down Sth in January be interesting to see how far behind the Duramax it will be.... when are you Dynoing your animal.

Already had it on the dyno, it went 423 before the converter started to slip (seems its the weak point with the allisons) so they had to back off, Heath was confident it would of went 480 - 500 though. So I'll have to get a triple plate converter and gearbox kit before I run up any more high numbers.

·
Registered
Nissan
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SIm - no the ute wont be a basher its worth too much it only has 90k on the clock & not much more i can do to it except a custom tray & coil conversion which i wont do..
I have had 2 Toyota Dealers phone me wanting to buy but i said bugger...

Patrol28- 500 would be an amazing result but it might cost a few more dollero's to get it up ther.... and do you need it to is the real question..... i would want to lol

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Great Rig

Towie, it makes me green with envy looking at the engine bay. One tough rig mate.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,092 Posts
what a great looking rig! any up dates on this beast?

·
Registered
Nissan
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i have been locked into the garage over xmas & a few members of this site have dropped in to see whats going on & drink my booze the mungrels..... its been difficult rewiring the thing since i am 6 "2" & 115 kilo there is not alot of room under the dash:eek:

Finished the rear draws & locks & carpeted - made them much deeper than off the shelf items so the 50 lt waeco just fits in hieght wise.... this allows me to store more in the draws & less on top especially good for short trips & deep side pockets for recovery gear & tools..

Mounted awning 2.1 x 2.5 & shovel holder & got some AVM Manual Locking Hubs to whack in..

Digital Pyro mounted in dash & a Uniden remote head also had to re plumb & pipe the Boost guage as it was leaking & noisey.

Wired & mounted dual Batt system into cargo area 105a/h AGM & Cteck with a dual battery monitoring system on center console.... 3 cig plugs in the rear along with an AMP monittor

Rear door table made from checker plate & rivited the hinge to the door just need some steel cable to hold itup... spare carpet was used to line the 2 rear doors.. i dont know why i did that really:idiot:.. thought it might help the rattles.

Inside of all door have been sprayed with Lanotec & been touching up stone chips etc with paint. Put some 2 inch rear coil spacers as all that wieght has hurt the std suspension & will be looking at approx 4 inch lift soon & some tyres very soon thinking 305's in a muddy of course...... Also have a set of 35 Creepies i might take to Gold Coast with me for some serious runs..:bigthumb: move to Goldie in a few weeks..

Engine - nothng new adjusting the idle to find a sweet spot around 600-700 i was having a few issues with it stalling on the down shift to 2nd & 3rd occassionally.... seems like it was dropping too low but Frosty mentioned Vacuum so will look into that too.
Power steer leak so orderred new hose since i cannot isolate the leak but apart from that its great.

·
Registered
Nissan
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still to come - Lift - Bolsy's rearbar & slidders then its all go & no more work on it i hope..

Just to show appreciation to the site & members i did get a HUGE amount of info through this site & many ideas i had not thought of so thanks heaps.... & to admin/mods the site looks good & seems to be running well i was a member many years back before moving overseas & all looks good keep it up..

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
83 Posts
You will have to update it now with the new lift in Towie hehehe
I was very inpressed with how it went last weekend and man dose it sound GREAT !!!!!!!!
I want one now hehehehe

·
Registered
Nissan
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Foz hows the new job going

I will add some pics not been on for a bit so will catch up with pics... lift is done got a compressor to install still, pulled the 35's off the ute & put them on yesterday..
Few other bits done & going to City View Park on Sunday so i will get some pics up...

·
Registered
Nissan
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi all home checking in & thought i should update the build up.

SO i sold off the alloys to a Patrol member & got some neg22 steels to mount the creepies on.
Sold the TJM bar to Bolsy's partner in shed crime & put a pair of his steps on along with an Xrox Bar..... Bolsy's new shed setup is great too..

Mounted a 9.5 winch on it along with a pair of LF 140's in the wings & 240's up front & have made up a front bash plate to protect all the steering etc

Also purchased a 6mth old custom rearbar with twin carrier suitable for 2 x 35's & fantastic reversing light with LED tails lites.. also 2 recovery hooks in the mounts.

The bloke that made the Bar swears he will not make another which is a pitty is a top bit of gear & i just got lucky as was about to order a commercial bar when he said he was selling this one..
Not yet mounted but have some side bars to weld onto the corners of rearbar & then along wheel arch & weld to Bolsy's steel steps these srub bars will be cut into the flares so as not to keep losing the rear flares...
Best part is it is modified ready for a rear mounted winch also at some stage... The only bad news is i have already bashed each side while at Janowen Hills last week

The bar needs to come off and moded some still so it fits just right.

Also removed the Recaro drivers seat & sterio from the ute which both now reside inside the Chev along with the front E-Locker that is working beautifully.

I am thinking 43% reduction gears next when i finish the rear bar & scrub bars... & now settled in into Goldie ready to get out wheelin..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts