Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never really thought about towing mirrors till I brought the van but thought its probably a good idea even though I have never really used them for towing the boat. Anyway I will be buying a set but just thought I would throw it out there for those that have them as to any particular brand, where and how much. Wanted something that was really simple to take off (not screwed and bolted on) as they would be coming off regularly...pro's and cons ??

·
Registered
nissan
975 Posts
The Clearviews are a good idea, but they're massive and really ugly when your not towing. The Haigh MH3015 is better option IMHO. Stay away from anything that clips on the existing mirror. The first semi that goes past at speed will blow them off.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up a set of Kakadu mirrors about $80pr off ebay, they have 2 large magnetic pads each side and appear to be quite strong, time will tell. Once set up and all adjusted they can be removed as is, in a matter of seconds no tools required same for install.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
18 Posts
we have used ora brand mirrors which also have magnetic pads and an angle bracket that simply slips in between window & door.
no problems with them,but picked up a set of used clearviews for the right price and haven't looked back. cheers phil.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
agree with the ones that go on existing mirror's I got one with the rubber strap, Luckily I only use it for the boat, But POS otherwise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts