Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I'm sure as you've noticed on the news when viewing the massive flow of the creek there is a guy next owning white GQ locking in the front hubs when seconds away from being caught in the flow. Wouldn't have that problem if he drove a GU with auto locking ones :p

Just think that is legendary that he has time to lock in his hubs to drive away. Play of the day in my books - Absolute Champion

you can view it on this link

YouTube - Toowoomba Flood 2011.01.10 at about 1:30

Cheers

Deccers

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
But on a more serious note. I feel for all the families who have lost loved ones and everything they own. My thoughts go out to them.

Maybe we should organize a patrol4x4 forum meet up with a donation entry or something like that?

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
nissan
132 Posts
He is more than lucky, i would not have even attempted to get my Patrol out of there, it is insured so i can replace it.

Not the smartest thing to do in my opinion, he was just exceptionally lucky, not like so many others who have lost life, homes & livelihoods from these floods.

I am not religious in any way shape or form, but my prays are with all QLD communities going through these terrible times

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed. I'm in Brisbane south side but work in the city it's terrible. Heaps of areas are already under water and it's just going to get worse.

·
Registered
nissan
399 Posts
To be honest, i dont think he really needed to lock the hubs at all.
Could have easily driven straight out of that - wasnt that deep or surging that hard.
I dont think it was stupid either, the danger wasnt that much at that point and it wasnt a matter of here this second and gone the next, there was plenty of time left before it would have been taken.

Personally, i would have left mine there, its insured so i wouldnt really care to be honest.

·
Registered
nissan
144 Posts
i'm glad my wife didn't go to work that day or i would down one aurion. best wishes to all affected and thanks to all police, ses, fireies, army, amboes for doing the best they can. And my neigbours for helping the wife cause i cant get home. :[

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
I like the comment from the people behind the camera, thinking he was letting air out of his tyres so it doesn't float away. haha.

Seriously this is a terrible tragedy and my hopes and wishes go out to all affected.

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Personally i think he did the right thing...I would have if it were my GQ.
But within reason...those waters were rising FAST, he only had a minute max i reckon.

After that personal safety has to come first, that's what insurance is for.

·
Banned
682 Posts
No more stupid than many other things we do as 4wders, it was only 200mm or so of water but if it was me I don't think i would have bothered with the hubs but better safe than wet I spose.

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

The cars upstream are lower and lighter. As they weren't moving he was quite safe. Not much risk on a sealed surface ( normally dry so not slippery ) while the water is below the sills. If it was me and I knew other cars owners I may have dragged some up higher. Wouldn't risk it with a stranger though.

Regards B M

·
Registered
Nissan
795 Posts
i loved the umbrella too...i wonder what he was contemplating when he got in and seemed to sit there for a while ....i wonder maybe he was rollin a smoke like he does everyday after work...hehe haha...good on him i reckon i don;t know why other people did not do the same thing with their cars...i guess they just didn't know..

·
Registered
581 Posts
Or their cars were insured and his wasn't. That would of been the only reason I would of drove it out.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Highly doubt that insurance companies will do that with 75% of qld being a disaster zone. But My wife says I'm wrong sometimes. I guess if we see insurance companies on today tonight or aca we know they won't pay.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think u will find alot of people's insurance will be void due to it be a natrual disaster or 'act of god' as the insurers say it.
Lucas, in relation to car insurance the cars will be covered.

With Home Insurance they won't be covered. Do you think there would be any Insurance Company's left if they were even forking out for even half the damage? There will be so much misinformation about insurance in relation to this event. Don't believe the crap you hear. Call the Insurer and get the facts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts