Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mate of mine from Aussie four wheelers recommended the Toyo’s to me. He said they were a great tyre for the value and mileage. Does anyone run these? And how do they perform?

·
Registered
Nissan
731 Posts
Iv got them, wouldn’t have done more than 3k on them yet but seem good so far, don’t slide at all in the rain which was much better than the old mtz’s I had before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,601 Posts
A mate of mine from Aussie four wheelers recommended the Toyo’s to me. He said they were a great tyre for the value and mileage. Does anyone run these? And how do they perform?
On my second set. They perform great on and off road. Mileage do not know but reasonable. But we have a lot of gravel roads where we live so they get a work out.

With both sets touch wood no flats and no side walls. That includes two trips to Cape York, one trip to Tasmania and a couple of Fraser Island trips. Some chipping when they are close to worn out.

I would rather have a great tyre with reasonable wear than an average tyre with lots of wear..........if that make sense.

I will be due for a third set come this October when rego is due.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,270 Posts
I've got nitto trail grapplers which are a similar looking tyre.
Also a 3 ply sidewall and heavily constructed.
Nitto are owned by toyo I believe.
Worth a look also imo.

·
Registered
nissan
11,008 Posts
ive had a set on for about 3 years now. done about 60k so far. absolutely no issues. wearing very well. not noisey. strong as an ox and great in every terrain ive thrown at it so far. no untoward chips or anything going on and they have seen some rock.
having had mtzs and bfg km2s before these id never ever go back. brilliant tyre imo

EDIT- should also note that with about 60k on them id still have close to half tread left and should easily see 80-100k with usable life left on them. depending on money though might move them to the trailer whilst they are still good. be a while yet though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m now pretty convinced on what I’ll get! Thanks everyone for the info it’s been very helpful to me. 👍🏼😁

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
What is a good size tyre to run the toyos in? And what rim size would be best?
That's an open question. Or a holden/ford or best oil etc question.
The best size the one that covers your driving requirements. It's got nothing to do with tyre brand or type.
Best rim size if you are talking width is the one that is specced for the tyre size you choose. If you are talking diameter, again personal choice. 16 is good as that is OEM on Gu at least. 17 is fine, not really that much impact from reduced sidewall to be seriously worried unless heavy rock hopping maybe. Other than that I reckon the rest is looks. Bigger looks better. Bigger diameter is dearer. Has better load rating but not relevant enough on GU. You could.go back to 15 but I think there is no.relevence for that these days and noone is putting development into passenger 15s.
For me a 285/75x16 on an 8" rim is perfect.
10" rims on 33s or 35s is a waste and bling only. Big rubber and stock power or gearing is not good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts