Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Y62 Patrol S2
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for another set of Series 2 TPMS sensors to put in a different set of wheels but cannot for the life of me figure out where to find some.
The Nissan dealer I am speaking to are scratching their heads and seems all too hard.
Just wondered if anyone else has been down this path and figured out a solution that works with the dash?
Much appreciate if you could share?
Cheers BruceR.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,941 Posts
Was looking for another set of Series 2 TPMS sensors to put in a different set of wheels but cannot for the life of me figure out where to find some.
The Nissan dealer I am speaking to are scratching their heads and seems all too hard.
Just wondered if anyone else has been down this path and figured out a solution that works with the dash?
Much appreciate if you could share?
Cheers BruceR.
Finding an extra set of sensors shouldn't be too hard. @Nizzbits will definitely be able to get you the right part numbers.

However, the problem with what you are attempting, is that only someone with a Nissan Consult-III diagnostic tool (i.e. a dealer) will be able to reprogram the TPMS system on your vehicle to link with the new sensors, and every time you change the wheels, you're going to have to go back to the dealer to do the reprogramming.

Each sensor has a unique ID that it uses to communicate with the on-board system. It needs this so that the system can identify which wheel might have lost pressure.

·
Registered
Y62 Patrol S2
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies.
Tying to work out if they are 315Mhz or 433Mhz, the code 407700M pops up but from what I believe this is the listing number and the actual Part Number seems to be a bit different.
Looking thru the Nissan Learning Academy booklet for the Y62 (early series) it has pics of TPMS which physically look different to the drawings shown of them fitted to wheels, they also have cropped pics from other Nissan cars which must have been easy to hand to explain a feature/detail. So I'm not that confident of what's inside there TPMS wise. Nothing from the dealer parts guy as yet so maybe I try a different dealer and see....
Will contact Nizzbits and see how we go there, OK on the re-programming etc. I have no probs with that as they'll get swapped only occasionally.
Lots of stuff on ebay etc. but all a guess at this point.
Cheers BruceR.

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
Anyone know what the " Consult-III diagnostic tool " costs or can you even buy one . I would ask my local dealer but everything seems to hard for them .

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,941 Posts
Anyone know what the " Consult-III diagnostic tool " costs or can you even buy one . I would ask my local dealer but everything seems to hard for them .
Can't officially "buy" them. Dealers lease them and pay a small country's GDP annually. It's more than just a simple diagnostic tool. They can also reflash some control units and reprogram keys.

Coming back to the sensors, part of the confusion might be because Nissan changed the design a few years ago from one with a metal stem that screws onto the wheel, to a cheaper type that uses a rubber stem similar to a normal non TPMS valve stem. AFAIK the two types are interchangeable though.

·
Registered
Y62 Patrol S2
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well an update.
So I have a S2 with S2 wheels, found a set of almost new S4 wheels and tyres real cheap and thru the help of Nizzbits found that although the TPMS is different the S4 TPMS sensors would work on the MFDisplay of the S2 patrol. Purchased the S4 TPMS and fitted, programmed at Nissan FTG and all good.
So S4 TPMS work on S2 Y62 patrol, when the S4 sensors are fitted to S4 wheels.
Hope that all makes sense. Will decide which I like best S2 or S4 and have one to run in mud/sand (no crying if they get messed up) and the other for when back on the road doing onsite work etc. and have to look "presentable". Cheers BruceR.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
As above I did a bit of work on this and found that the sensors change at a certain date which matches with the wheel change. However all the other parts of the system do not change so there was no doubt the later sensors work with an earlier vehicle. You just have to get the sensors to match the wheels and of course get them programmed by a dealer and they work fine. The may also explain why some people have issues changing wheels as if they fit later wheels with earlier sensors that would be a problem I expect.
Bottom line is we can supply the sensors and they work fine as long as you get the right ones to suit your wheels.
Stay safe people.
Cheers
Garry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts