Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, what an absolute tragedy, the series of events leading up to this are almost beyond comprehension. Wrong place wrong time.
Commiserations to the families and friends of the deceased.

·
On a mission
2013 Ranger
1,672 Posts
They are saying the driver of the car they had pulled over fled from the scene. What an absolute flog.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,623 Posts
I saw that the driver of the Porsche legged it and now is being sought for further questions.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are saying the driver of the car they had pulled over fled from the scene. What an absolute flog.
I saw that the driver of the Porsche legged it and now is being sought for further questions.
It has been reported he will be attending a police station this morning, police have been asked by their own investigators to not name him at this time.

·
On a mission
2013 Ranger
1,672 Posts
At least he's done the right thing now.
Not sure if he ran before the incident or after.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,623 Posts
According to the news he took photos and posted them on social media.

Reactions: Foo

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
14,756 Posts
Very graphic ones at that..sick *****.

Reactions: rgren2

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just saw that about the photos... If he wasn't going to get the phone book treatment already once he hands himself in... He will now.

And deserves every bit!
Very graphic ones at that..sick *.
Absolutely reprehensible behaviour, 40 odd year old druggie with a criminal history apparently and learned nothing from it all. Face plant down a long flight of stairs and I wouldn't give a rats bum.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,239 Posts
As he stopped to take pictures before fleeing, he seems unlikely to have run in a blind panic. I'm sure it was known who he was due to the traffic stop, so why run?

I wonder what he managed to get rid of in the interim....

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,419 Posts
He had a positive road side drug test.. Maybe he was on bail considering his history. Dare say that would be enough to go back to jail. Pretty good reason to leg it i guess.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
14,756 Posts
Q
As he stopped to take pictures before fleeing, he seems unlikely to have run in a blind panic. I'm sure it was known who he was due to the traffic stop, so why run?

I wonder what he managed to get rid of in the interim....
He might have passed it on to Cuz..See he is in the shoit again after being found with meth in a park..

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,239 Posts
He had a positive road side drug test.. Maybe he was on bail considering his history. Dare say that would be enough to go back to jail. Pretty good reason to leg it i guess.
Possible, but given the circumstances it's highly unlikely the police wouldn't move heaven and earth to find him. So it seems strange to run, unless he had something to achieve in the interim.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,419 Posts
Just saw something online. Apparently one of the officers He was a newbie and only 1 day on the job.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Strange?
'Ashton also revealed the truck driver, a Cranbourne man, had “blacked out” and had a medical episode immediately following the crash.

Police executed a warrant at his home and unknown items were seized'.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,664 Posts
A terrible thing.

No matter the circumstances he should made to do a very long stretch with no leniency and no behavioural remissions allowed of that sentence ...

It may have been the truck, but running from a scene, failing to render assistance should be a major crime in itself.

I wonder how long till we must have GPS speed limiters fitted to cars. As Europe will within a couple of years.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A terrible thing.

No matter the circumstances he should made to do a very long stretch with no leniency and no behavioural remissions allowed of that sentence ...

I wonder how long till we must have GPS speed limiters fitted to cars. As Europe will within a couple of years.
The sentence 'For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction', comes to mind.

Fully agree with your sentencing recommendation, no leniency whatsoever, didn't try to help just took pics and ran off leaving other good Samaritans to face the horrors until medics arrived.

·
Registered
nissan
498 Posts
I would hope they try and ping him for manslaughter if possible. Seeing as his actions has lead to the accidental death of 4 people.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts