Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,555 Posts
This only happened a few klms from where I live. The freeway has been shut down for the last 24 hours between doncaster road and chandler hwy.

I’ve read the article above and what it doesn’t mention about the Porsche driver is, he is apparently a mortgage broker to the mob.

Truely tragic situation all round.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,650 Posts
A terrible thing.

No matter the circumstances he should made to do a very long stretch with no leniency and no behavioural remissions allowed of that sentence ...

It may have been the truck, but running from a scene, failing to render assistance should be a major crime in itself.

I wonder how long till we must have GPS speed limiters fitted to cars. As Europe will within a couple of years.

Need to update my post.

No long stretch, no jail time.

Straight to exercution.

Quote:
The court heard Pusey had filmed Taylor as she called out for help, with police alleging he said “all he wanted to do was go home”.
“Amazing. Absolutely amazing. All I wanted to do was go home and eat my sushi and now you have f***ed my f***ing car,” police alleged Pusey said to Taylor.
Pusey then allegedly called a federal police officer he knew, told her about the crash and sent her video, and also sent pictures of the crime scene to a witness, joking that he was hoping to get out of the fine. The 41-year-old told police he appreciated the fact they wanted him to come in for an interview but said he could not do that, before being arrested the following day.

He is charged with numerous offences including driving at a dangerous speed, reckless conduct endangering life, failing to render assistance and drug possession. Pusey is also charged with the destruction of evidence. He is alleged to have removed two iPhones from his Porsche after the crash and recording the scene. Other charges including failing to remain after a drug test, failing to exchange details and three counts of committing an indictable offence while on bail.
End.

We do not need people like this in the world.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,598 Posts
Truck driver had ice, weed and an ice pipe in the truck with him.

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
Truck driver had ice, weed and an ice pipe in the truck with him.
Yeah saw that on my news feed this morning. Arseholes like this, makes life for the rest of us, a bloody nightmare. 🤬🤬

Foo

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,598 Posts
Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Still 'allegedly', I'm not saying he's innocent just giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment, unlike the other guy where direct evidence has been shown. at best I thought the truckie may have dozed off, if this new allegation is proven he should rot in hell with the other guy.

Talk about wrong place wrong time if this does all come out as gospel.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,232 Posts
"Police have confirmed they are investigating a case of criminal damage at the Porsche driver's house. They wish to identify the vandal so they can buy him/her a beer."

·
Registered
nissan
11,032 Posts
in all seriousness, i really hope the oh&s of pulling people over on a highway is reviewed. In any other industry or job. putting people in direct line of fire to 1-65t projectiles doing 80-110kmh wouldnt even be considered. and carrying out a task would result in immediate termination of employment. the levels of risk involved in this practise are totally unreasonable.

sure the porsche driver is a knobhead, but they also have his address. go pay him a visit at home away from 65t missiles. like they did after what happened.
sure the truck driver might of been on drugs and had a heart attack or what ever. Hell he could of swerved deliberately for all i know. but if these 4 people hadnt decided to pull this man up on the side of a highway they would still be alive.

Im not saying its not a tragic event and i feel truely sorry for the families and friends of all 4 cops involved. But i seriously question their policies and procedures surrounding these circumstances. and to a small degree kind of feel that if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

and dont worry i already have my flame suit on.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,232 Posts
Totally agree. I never pull over on a main road, just slow down and drive somewhere safe. Then pull over in a service lane, servo, shop carpark, etc. Get asked about it every time, but it's not a crime to carry on until you can pull over safely so there's nothing they can do about it directly (so far they haven't done anything indirect either).

I wonder if the next time I get pulled over I'll get a thank you for stopping somewhere safe.

·
Registered
737 Posts
in all seriousness, i really hope the oh&s of pulling people over on a highway is reviewed. In any other industry or job. putting people in direct line of fire to 1-65t projectiles doing 80-110kmh wouldnt even be considered. and carrying out a task would result in immediate termination of employment. the levels of risk involved in this practise are totally unreasonable.
When driving passed emergency vehicles with lights flashing it's actually already law to slow down to 40kph in that state.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Fair points, and I'm sure there will be some long term effects on how things are done in the future. But it does highlight how the actions of one moron can cause an overwhelming tsunami effect.

·
Registered
nissan
6,588 Posts
The risk is no greater than driving on the highway as part of your job. There are a lot more people die from head-ons with trucks where the driver has had a "medical episode" than die from being run over as a pedestrian in the same circumstance.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,404 Posts
Tow truck drivers had to change how they worked on main roads after a driver and his passengers got killed while loading the car onto the flat top.
This happened in NSW a few years back.
Now the driver has to ensure the passengers are away from the truck, preferably inside the cab while the driver loads the vehicle.

People can’t resist rubber necking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4x4nissan
59 Posts
The exits could be more than 10ks between eachother though. There’s no where else to pull over on roads like the eastern and the ring road aside from the emergency lane.
On Friday I was driving home on the Tullamarine freeway, semi pulled over in the emergency lane and the police car was in front of the truck, not behind.
Not sure why they did this but it’s hard to slow down to 40 when you can’t see the lights until the last second.
Might be safer for the police to be the car in front but your putting other lives at risk by making the other vehicle be behind, and you can’t be doing that.

Only safe way to do it is wait for the vehicle to be in a safe place before pulling them over and make sure you’ve filmed them doing the wrong thing on the freeway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
That halfwit law of slowing down to 40kmh is plain stupid. I've crested hills and come around bends and there's been a cop/ambulance and towies with both of these and you try an pull up a fully loaded Semi or B-double to 40kmh in 100mtrs or less and see how you go. :rolleyes: It's one of the dumbest things that has ever been implemented, why, because it causes mass confusion with traffic panicking to try n slow down. 🤬

Foo

21 - 40 of 79 Posts