Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,923 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Just listening to news talking about Pusey and his bail hearing, apparently he is a registered nurse so he had no excuse to not render assitance rather than video and mock dying police, man, I have more disgust for this insect than I do for the actual truck driver.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Best part of this was that his own lawyer didn't know he's a registered nurse. :sneaky:
Yes, the prosecution nailed him on that. Will be interesting what the courts decision is on bail when the judgement comes down. Hopefully sanity will prevail.

·
Registered
2016 Y61 Nissan Patrol 3.0L TD30 wagon
190 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,398 Posts
I read that as someone else, not the driver, from the trucking company has been charged as well. Could be a manager pushing the drivers too hard.

Reactions: Foo and The Beaver

·
Registered
nissan
6,602 Posts
Driver was charged ages ago
The truck driver was charged in April with culpable driving but not charged with manslaughter until today. The manslaughter charge is consistent with a high degree of recklessness rather than just a failure to take reasonable care which is consistent with a culpable driving charge. I'm not aware of anyone else in the trucking company to be charged over the incident.

Manslaughter is a much more serious charge than culpable driving causing death and would indicate some other circumstances other than day dreaming such as under the effects of alcohol or a drug, or texting on a phone. I have no idea what the extenuating circumstances are in this case but just give those examples to indicate the difference

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,239 Posts
The truck driver was charged in April with culpable driving but not charged with manslaughter until today. The manslaughter charge is consistent with a high degree of recklessness rather than just a failure to take reasonable care which is consistent with a culpable driving charge. I'm not aware of anyone else in the trucking company to be charged over the incident.
It's far from impossible that the media has gotten details wrong :rolleyes:, but the driver was 47 at the time of the incident. Even if he's had a birthday since, he's not 49 which the article mentions several times. It also talks about the driver by name, but not the 49y.o.

Mr 49 is described as being "from Frankston." Driver is from Cranbourne. Also, the police searched a place in Frankston "Linked to his employer."

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,239 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6,602 Posts
It will be interesting to see if they can make such a charge stick to a manager.
I never heard the explanation of why the truck veered across the road.

·
Registered
nissan
1,139 Posts
Probably Chain of Responsibility (COR) legislation

Reactions: Marko_SJ and joet
61 - 79 of 79 Posts