Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has in his wisdom has decided to build me a trailer. Been wanting a bigger trailer for a while now. Mostly for farm and contracting (electrical) duties

It will be dual axle. Probably limit it to two tonne. Deck will be 3200 x 2100. Big enough to fit round bales, tractor implements and my side by side. Day one. Chassis done.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rails and rear bumper done today. Hopefully all the running gear will turn up this week ready for Easter. If it does it should be mobile.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Another day and them some and it tows. Electrics all done. All headboard and deck sheet to be still fully welded. Mudguard stays to be installed. Brakes to be connected. Then rego.

Electrics to be still completed. Sparky is hope less.

Electrics done.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Test load. Need to drop my hitch by about 65mm. A lot of welds to clean and paint. Fit brake cable and adjust. Head board pulled back a bit when fully welded. My son will take it to his work and straighten with oxy.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Turned out fantastic! Could make some coin on the side selling them?
Thanks Softy. Well thank my son. He was the tradesman I was just the dogsbody.

My son does this all week and only being 22 has other things on his mind come the weekends. So we will not be selling them. His boss tolds us we would be better of buying a chinese trailer. I am glad we did not as we got what we wanted. And a good bonding experience. We have had our fair share of issues over the years and all that is now water under the bridge.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Turned out fantastic! Could make some coin on the side selling them?
If.only that were true. It's just like decent trays. We'd be knocking stuff like this out between bigger jobs all.the time to keep the boys busy if there were actually enough people out there who want to pay what it's worth to make stuff like that. Trouble is they want it but they want it for the price of a Chinese unit.

Nice build Haggie.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Put it over the weigh bridge this morning. 700 hundred kilos neat.

Dropped it of for a blue slip and passed no problems. Mechanic said it was very tidy. A customer of his come in and wanted to buy it lol. Just have to wait for the vin to be issued then rego.

Towed it about forty klms today and it sits behind the Patrol very nicely.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,659 Posts
Put it over the weigh bridge this morning. 700 hundred kilos neat.

Dropped it of for a blue slip and passed no problems. Mechanic said it was very tidy. A customer of his come in and wanted to buy it lol. Just have to wait for the vin to be issued then rego.

Towed it about forty klms today and it sits behind the Patrol very nicely.
$5000?

Foo

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Reactions: Foo and Haggie

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All tidied up and regoed. They did ping me for no side markers (have to let them have something). Roads and maritime have various bulletins regards building trailers. I will try and read them next time.

Have all the hinge and latch hard ware to build some drop sides. Just have to get some sheet folded up. Also purchased a drop hitch to level it all out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts