Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,316 Posts
All tidied up and regoed. They did ping me for no side markers (have to let them have something). Roads and maritime have various bulletins regards building trailers. I will try and read them next time.

Have all the hinge and latch hard ware to build some drop sides. Just have to get some sheet folded up. Also purchased a drop hitch to level it all out.
Looks good, had to laugh when you said 'have to let them have something', reminded me of my racing days and race day scrutineering, I knew all the scrutineers very well and one day as a laugh I put something on the car that was against the rules, highly visible, but easily removed, they spotted it and said 'OK, that was too easy, what else have you done' then went over it with a fine tooth comb, lol.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Loaded it up today and went for a shake down run of about 30 klms. No issues at all. Tows nicely. Drop hitch has leveled it out nicely. Took it around to my other son to show him. Will be taking it for a longer run this weekend coming.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks good, had to laugh when you said 'have to let them have something', reminded me of my racing days and race day scrutineering, I knew all the scrutineers very well and one day as a laugh I put something on the car that was against the rules, highly visible, but easily removed, they spotted it and said 'OK, that was too easy, what else have you done' then went over it with a fine tooth comb, lol.
My business sponsors my good mates sons speedway car. He started in Juniors, won the NSW and Aus titles. He then jumped up to street stockers.

So front wheel drive four banger to six banger rwd. Only ran about six meets for test and tune. Won a couple of heats in the new car. Aus titles came up in Gunnedah. They decided to head down and have a crack. He won it. No one could believe it. So then the fun begins. Full tear down of the car looking for illegal mods. There of course is none as his father plays by the rules.

No a bad result for a 3.5 thousand dollar car. Lick of paint and some new tires. This kid can drive. Has already been down to the AIS for the psych and fitness side of things.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts