Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,510 Posts
All tidied up and regoed. They did ping me for no side markers (have to let them have something). Roads and maritime have various bulletins regards building trailers. I will try and read them next time.

Have all the hinge and latch hard ware to build some drop sides. Just have to get some sheet folded up. Also purchased a drop hitch to level it all out.
Looks good, had to laugh when you said 'have to let them have something', reminded me of my racing days and race day scrutineering, I knew all the scrutineers very well and one day as a laugh I put something on the car that was against the rules, highly visible, but easily removed, they spotted it and said 'OK, that was too easy, what else have you done' then went over it with a fine tooth comb, lol.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Loaded it up today and went for a shake down run of about 30 klms. No issues at all. Tows nicely. Drop hitch has leveled it out nicely. Took it around to my other son to show him. Will be taking it for a longer run this weekend coming.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looks good, had to laugh when you said 'have to let them have something', reminded me of my racing days and race day scrutineering, I knew all the scrutineers very well and one day as a laugh I put something on the car that was against the rules, highly visible, but easily removed, they spotted it and said 'OK, that was too easy, what else have you done' then went over it with a fine tooth comb, lol.
My business sponsors my good mates sons speedway car. He started in Juniors, won the NSW and Aus titles. He then jumped up to street stockers.

So front wheel drive four banger to six banger rwd. Only ran about six meets for test and tune. Won a couple of heats in the new car. Aus titles came up in Gunnedah. They decided to head down and have a crack. He won it. No one could believe it. So then the fun begins. Full tear down of the car looking for illegal mods. There of course is none as his father plays by the rules.

No a bad result for a 3.5 thousand dollar car. Lick of paint and some new tires. This kid can drive. Has already been down to the AIS for the psych and fitness side of things.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
My business sponsors my good mates sons speedway car. He started in Juniors, won the NSW and Aus titles. He then jumped up to street stockers.

So front wheel drive four banger to six banger rwd. Only ran about six meets for test and tune. Won a couple of heats in the new car. Aus titles came up in Gunnedah. They decided to head down and have a crack. He won it. No one could believe it. So then the fun begins. Full tear down of the car looking for illegal mods. There of course is none as his father plays by the rules.

No a bad result for a 3.5 thousand dollar car. Lick of paint and some new tires. This kid can drive. Has already been down to the AIS for the psych and fitness side of things.

View attachment 520101
I had no idea you owned Blackwoods!!
Hope they stay more honest than a local driver who got busted with illegal mods a few years ago under similar sponsor conditions. Swore his innocence, so sponsor spent allegedly $20k fighting his disqualification until he finally realised the jig was up and admitted he did cheat. That was the end of that sponsorship and relationship.

Reactions: Foo and dkril

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,045 Posts
I had no idea you owned Blackwoods!!
Hope they stay more honest than a local driver who got busted with illegal mods a few years ago under similar sponsor conditions. Swore his innocence, so sponsor spent allegedly $20k fighting his disqualification until he finally realised the jig was up and admitted he did cheat. That was the end of that sponsorship and relationship.
Psssstt, I think he owns Kyogle Electrical Services
The best electrical service outside of Qld.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well drop sides took about seven months to turn up. I think the price is right as sheet was bent one end but duly straighten out by my son. The height ended up about 400 mm, so no sheet was wasted. My other son donated the toolbox, but one way or the other I am sure I paid some how :). Trial fitted up the tie downs for my buggy. Need some more fixings to fit up.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Today my son starting knocking me up a tail gate / ramp. I bought some fold up ramps for loading the buggy but it has already fallen off once and I was never really happy with them.

Some mesh and ties downs and it will be complete.

After 12 months also just come up for registration. Yearly inspection here in NSW once you go over 250 kgs tare.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
We finished the ramp last night. I tidied it up and painted it today. Then a test. Works great and is so much easier than ramps.

Ready for the long weekend at Rover Park.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,433 Posts
Does Hans n Heidi still own it?

Foo

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Does Hans n Heidi still own it?

Foo

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Nah mate they sold it a couple of years ago to a young couple from Sydney. I did hear Hans and Heidi bought a small neighboring property but spend a lot of time in Brisbane with the grand kids.

The new owners Matt and Meg have had a rough trot with drought, then bush fires and then the covid.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts