Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped by Clearbrook Hitch and Welding here in Abbotsford to see what he is now charging to install a class 3 trailer hitch. Yogurt needs one for his sympathy trailer. :p I paid him $260 5 years ago. He had a quick reminder look at what he had done and said it would be between $250-$300. IMO, that is still a good deal for the work he had to do. Yogurt was not getting quotes close to that. I was put on to them years ago by friends who had to get custom hitch work down. They said he was always well priced and did excellent work. He just asked that people give him 3 days notice so he can have everything he needs on hand.
Clearbrook Hitch & Welding - Suite 6-2345 Windsor St, ABBOTSFORD, BC

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
I put a hitch from a 2005 Nissan Frontier on. Bought it from U-haul, will post some piccys.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
I needed to cut a wee bit out of the aft outside flange and drill 6 holes (3 each side) in frame. I will post up piccys today or tomorrow. It's just a madhouse here right now.

·
Registered
nissan
711 Posts
I was planning on going to Abbotsford for my hitch but E&H Hitch in Burnaby ended up giving me a $300 price for a custom hitch. It's bolted to the frame (not welded) and they did a great job. Saved me the trip. They'll honor this price for futur costumes as well but it doesn't include wiring.

Since most of us have 24v rigs it's not an issue and best thing to do IMO is using 4 relays to use the brake/flasher/tail light signals to trigger the relays using 12v from your converter... That way you can use any trailer and if someone needs to borrow yours it won't be an issue as well. Plus, it protects your truck lighting system by isolating it in case something goes wrong with your trailer. You'll also need a 5 wires to 4 wires trailer gizmo as our JDM trucks aren't using the standard US style for tail lights.

Cheers
Mr. D

·
Registered
nissan
622 Posts
Good to know yogurt. :eviltong::ahah:

·
Registered
nissan safari
266 Posts
Check out my earlier post.
pictures included. part numbers and U-haul bar code.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Uhaul one sits a bit low for my liking. You'd be bottoming out on cross ditches. It was another reason why I was happy with Clearbrook Hitch. My next one will be when I do a rear bar and the hitch will be integrated into the bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts