Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
NISSAN
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I just bought a new 2015 Nissan Patrol SE T2 here in Dubai. The dealer doesnt stock (or recognize) the original Nissan tow harness part number B4097-1L000AU, so I had a friend bring me one from OZ. The trouble is, after following the fitting instructions to gain access to the 6 way connector behind the trim, I find the connector is not there! Any ideas on where else it might be or how to connect the harness to the car would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Hmmm. You may need to check with a dealer as the wiring obviously seems different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan
31 Posts
Would be interesting to see what the dealer says. I have a 2014 Platinum VVEL DIG here in Saudi and I'm sure its the same spec. I too have a trailer but just drive without any lights on it...unless there is an easy way to get the wiring hooked up.

Any further findings on this issue - pls post here...thanks!

·
Registered
NISSAN
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the car back to the dealer today and explained the problem. They are going to ask Nissan for a solution. To add to their problem, I gave them a copy of the newly released RTA regulation (issued this month) which requires all trailers here to be registered before being used on the road, this of course requires them to have working lights, reflectors, etc. The dealer was not aware of the new rule. I told them to get ready for an onslaught of customers like me asking the same question. Watch this space!

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,668 Posts
Nissan trailer pre-wiring is market specific because different markets have different requirements. For instance in the US, the trailer's (red) brake lamps flash when a turn signal is activated. In Australia (and Europe) we use amber indicators on the trailer.

Europe has a requirement for a rear fog lamp on the trailer. In Australia there's no requirement.

I wouldn't be surprised if Australian pre-wiring is unique to our market and not used anywhere else, with maybe the exception of South Africa. SAF has similar trailer wiring requtements to AUS and they launched Y62 after AUS, so they might have adopted AUS spec, but the rest of the world is most likely either completely different or non-existent.

Also, the B4097-1L000AU harness referred to in the OP, was a locally developed Australian part (hence the AU at the end) and not available anywhere else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many thanks for your reply Andriek, it is frustrating that the dealer down here in dubai not incoprate such important wiring, I am still able to fit a universal wiring, cut and slice home made method, but that would affect the warranty as will as advice by the dealer

Thanks mate

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,668 Posts
Many thanks for your reply Andriek, it is frustrating that the dealer down here in dubai not incoprate such important wiring, I am still able to fit a universal wiring, cut and slice home made method, but that would affect the warranty as will as advice by the dealer

Thanks mate
No worries ;)
Be careful with splicing into the tail lamp wiring. The LED tail lamp circuits cannot support the additional current draw of trailer lamps.

Back in 2012 with the launch of Y62 in AUS, some aftermarket towbar suppliers had towbars in the market before Nissan's Genuine parts were available, but because they didn't know about the (very well hidden) pre-wiring, they tapped power to drive the trailer lamps all the way from the battery in the engine bay. This made the harness very expensive and difficult to install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts