Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all,

arrived at Uni today where I noticed my trip meter was sitting on 7km, clearly broken as it's a 25km trip!

If anyone knows how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
do a search for odometer not advancing

but if its just the trip meter might still be worth having a look at

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
do a search for odometer not advancing

but if its just the trip meter might still be worth having a look at
x2 there is a posted fix somewhere. I've read it. The whole instrument section takes about 5 minute to disassemble.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You might have to replace the trip meter and odometer, as its easier to replace the both. My odometer stopped working and got jammed, i took it out and unjammed it, then my trip meter registered i went 300 kays and my odometer only registered a increase of about 30, for me i just replaced the both with another 2nd hand unit and all is good again. You can always adjust the kays on the replacement one to match the amount of kays you have on your car, or you could knock it back a couple of hundred thousand kays, lol.

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
hey mate should have a note, its illegal to adjust km on a vehicle!!!

mine stopped ages ago, pulled it apart the mechanism must have jammed which killed the little electric motor that drives it.

i used the odometer out of a s13 silvia dash (because i had 2 of them sitting around) and they are the exact same thing besides the length of the pin to reset the trip meter, it still is long enough.

it is fairly simple to pull apart pull the cluster apart, unclip the front off unscrew the odometer and pull the wiring plug out the back of the speedo unit!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
hey mate should have a note, its illegal to adjust km on a vehicle!!

I know that, im not dumb, doesn`t mean people don`t do it though. I did say quote "You can always adjust the kays on the replacement one to match the amount of kays you have on your car, or you could knock it back a couple of hundred thousand kays, lol." quote....So what i meant by that depending on what he wants to do, illegal or not, people do it and its there choice if they want to do it or not on there car.

On another note, its handy to know a Silvia one is the same, and most probably skylines then too.

·
Registered
nissan
2,694 Posts
hey mate should have a note, its illegal to adjust km on a vehicle!!!

mine stopped ages ago, pulled it apart the mechanism must have jammed which killed the little electric motor that drives it.

i used the odometer out of a s13 silvia dash (because i had 2 of them sitting around) and they are the exact same thing besides the length of the pin to reset the trip meter, it still is long enough.

it is fairly simple to pull apart pull the cluster apart, unclip the front off unscrew the odometer and pull the wiring plug out the back of the speedo unit!!
Do you know if the speedo and or tacho from an S13 would fit the Safari/patrol dash cluster?

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
the speed is the same IN physical size doesnt meen it will work or be acurate, the silvia one also has a clock in it which might work or maybe not?? the tacho is a petrol one so has a redline of 7k i think my diesel one doesnt even go up to 8, didnt even look if its the same!!

wogboy want having a go just dont want to see anyone get in ttrouble! also not sure about skylines the dash cluster is a bit different but may be the same!!

if you compare the sil to gq there is a fair few things that are the same!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts