Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of my boys xbox live the other day. Gee i am having a few troubles making it work.

He has been on it before but when he tries to renew it asks for a password that we do not know.

Made him up a new account, but now it want me as the parent to sign up, part of that it wants me to give my credit card numbers as proof that i am over 18.GGGRRRRRRR

Is it spose to be this hard.

Geoff

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
I probably recommend you direct your question towards an online gaming forum. . .

But, ya never know, surely some people on here are avid gamers.

Ya know what i reckon, I'd say that now that xbox live isn't working, gives you an excuse to take the family on another camping trip!

TF

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you total filth, i just thought i would put it out there. I really have little interest in the gaming thing.
Its one of his interests and i feel it is important to be a part of your kids interests.

Geoff

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I woudl call one of the stores like EB games, the 12yr old behind the counter will know.

Cam's birthday today he wants live, fawkt if Im giving my credit card details to anyone.. How exactly does that prove how old you are? mates 15yr old daughter keeps gettin credit card "Pre approved" letters from the bank!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Be careful signing up to Xbox live. They sign you up and then they have you for life. I signed my kids up for what I thought was a year on a Premium Account ($70 pa). I told them I would pay the first year and they had to pay any renewals. A year later a deduction on my credit card. I got on line to try to cancel the account. After going through multiple security screens with logins and passwords I finally get to a screen that has a check box to let you opt out of automatic renewal of your account. Trouble was it was greyed out and couldn't be checked. I spent the next two hours trying to ring them up and finally ended up talking to someone in Mexico who finally activated the account so that the little box could be checked. The poor bastard copped an earful from me about Microsoft's dishonesty. I reckon they make it so hard to cancel that you just give up in frustration and pay the money.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
just create a new hotmail account, here https://signup.live.com/signup then create a new account on the xbox with that, (he will need to make up a new gamertag too) using the hotmail address you created and using the password you put on it, just don't use the age of the kid, make sure you use a made up age older than 18 years, they will never know and it is only for parental control anyway.
As said DON"T get live from microsoft, buy them from ebay, there is a mob called gamecard I think, they are like 49-59 bucks for a year, instead of $79 through the xbox way.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks gogo gu,
i will give this a go tonight.

geoff

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all signed in.

whoops i have also noticed i posted this in the wrong section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts