Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a nice gq for my mate - these things are selling like hot cakes!

Seems like its getting hard to buy a nice tidy gq around this area, thinking of putting mine on the market while the going is good.

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Looking for a nice gq for my mate - these things are selling like hot cakes!

Seems like its getting hard to buy a nice tidy gq around this area, thinking of putting mine on the market while the going is good.
What is he looking for? have a mate selling a GQ shorty turbo diesel. Not super tidy though.

·
Registered
Nissan GQ 95
44 Posts
Know what u mean just bought a new GQ its nice but paid top dollar. The Queensland floods and other storms are the problem, a lot of patrols and cruisers are being snapped up because so many got written off mine was done with a big storm that hit Canberra in January paid to much for mine but i needed to swap all my gear over before the insurance company took it. Some how all my assessories got taken off my policiy 2 years ago and didnt realise it but at least they gave me time to swap stuff over.

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
sell my shorty for 14k lol dual lockers 85% tranny gears 6inch lift superior d/boxes adjustable uppers extended lowers high pinion rear diff rancho shocks 35inch mickey t mtz's front n rear tube bars 240 light force lights oh and its 4.2 auto

·
Registered
nissan
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah - trying to find a nice tidy clean one, RWC and registered, thats not too extreme for a first fourby. Also something that is not a cop magnet. Im trying to persuade him to get a mint stocker and put some tyres and sussy in it as that will be enough for the time being.

Had a absolute shmick TI lined up for 14 with excellent mods, but that fell through. :(

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
mate has mint stock 92 wagon, 4.2 efi auto, lpg, just past pitt inspection
2 inch springs, alloy roof cage
motor and auto rebuilt
no off road work
faultless and spotless
but in hobart

·
Registered
nissan GQ
13 Posts
Item Summary: 1996 NISSAN PATROL gq patrol, lifted nissan gq patrol tb4.2ltr

NOW SELLING WITH CHEZZY RACING BAR AND WINCH FOR 11,000 firm

Postcode: 2480

Odometre: 260 kilometres

Asking Price: $11,000

Condition: Used

Reason for Selling: looking for a ute

Delivery Methods: PickUp

Contact Info: pm or call 0421002373

Extra Information:

1996 nissan patrol gq

tb42 efi with 260,000kms on it
2'1/2 inch from front to before the diff
snorkel
brand u safari tuff clutch
just had major service

it has...

all superior bars front to back
6 inch toughdog springs
pro comp shocks 29" front 32" rear
maxxis bighorn tyres on 16/10 inch rims
rear lsd re shimed

this thing is in pretty good nick i havent had it long was built by me was standard when i bort it but looking for a change of seen or maybe go to a 4x4 ute...

im on my ps so dont ask swaps for skylines

it was on here a few weeks ago took it off while i had the clutch and service done

This post has been edited by LIFT_I7: Today, 09:04 AM

Item Summary: 1996 NISSAN PATROL gq patrol, lifted nissan gq patrol tb4.2ltr

NOW SELLING WITH CHEZZY RACING BAR AND WINCH FOR 11,000 firm

Postcode: 2480

Odometre: 260 kilometres

Asking Price: $11,000

Condition: Used

Reason for Selling: looking for a ute

Delivery Methods: PickUp

Contact Info: pm or call 0421002373

Extra Information:

1996 nissan patrol gq

tb42 efi with 260,000kms on it
2'1/2 inch from front to before the diff
snorkel
brand u safari tuff clutch
just had major service

it has...

all superior bars front to back
6 inch toughdog springs
pro comp shocks 29" front 32" rear
maxxis bighorn tyres on 16/10 inch rims
rear lsd re shimed

this thing is in pretty good nick i havent had it long was built by me was standard when i bort it but looking for a change of seen or maybe go to a 4x4 ute...

it was on here a few weeks ago took it off while i had the clutch and service done

got it off boostcruising

·
Registered
nissan
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will not be buying anything interstate but thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
nissan
216 Posts
I know what you mean, I'm trying to find one to...stupidly passed up a 4.2 turbo diesel that needed a bit of body work cause I thought there would be another soon enough, its been about a month now and nothings popped up

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
As i found 12-18 months ago when i went looking
Theres alot of crap out there
Anything thats decent are gone so quick
Even stuff i looked at around 10K were still sh*t
You will spent months looking,just like everyone else whos looking
Make sure ya mate has the funds sitting there,no gotta get the money when i find the car
Thats to late

It seems although i paid a bit for my 1997 TB42 GQ
I see lately that 1992 TB42 GQ are getting more
5 years older and over 100K more ???
Go figure

·
Registered
Nissan
786 Posts
As I know, many patrols are shipped from Australia, Europe, Japan to UAE (Dubai) for body parts, engines, etc.

We go there to get cheap, very clean used parts. You can change the whole body if you want to!

Many people here build their own GQ (Y60) patrols, so I might advice you to buy what's available then change and fix whatever you want. Don't miss the fun and don't rush!

I bought mine (1997, TB42E) for about 4200$. It's a great deal, I know ^_^ but maximum price for GQ (Y60) are less than 9000$, most of them are between 4000-1500$, so they're everywhere! Check if you can import any from Dubai.

Good luck.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
If your really looking for good deals, you also need to look interstate.

My GQ and GU came from interstate as it is a very small market if your stuck looking local, specially if you are looking for something specific.

·
Registered
nissan
111 Posts
I bought an 89 Mav from ACT, which has over 500,000km on the clock... I flew up to ACT, checked it out, fell in love and drove it down. In the process of getting it ready for VIC reg now.

The engine just simply does not feel like it's had a half million kays.. The guy was meticulous with his maintenance and it just took me through the High Country this weekend without a prob!! Do look interstate mate... definitely worth it!

Kind Regards,

Zako

·
Registered
nissan
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know its far fetched, but have some criteria for his truck:
Gq
Tb42, td42, maybe a 45
Good nick, more atz than mtz
250 ish or less
Sensible truck, not thrashed out wannabe comp truck.
Some accesories, uhf etc.

See what happens. I am going to add up all my receipts, but might put my truck up for sale. :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,907 Posts
I got a GQ ute 4.2 Diesel 2 weeks ago for $3200.

Its engine is perfect and like new, no leaks and very quiet and could probably do a lap around Australia. So some bargains out there.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The only advice I will give is if you want to get exactly what your after be prepared to travel. Myself and 3 of my mates all went 500+ kms to get the right one.

My mate will be selling his a tidy swb td42 mav soon so should be interesting what he gets.

·
Registered
nissan
102 Posts
try the nt. they are alot cheaper here everyone wants cruisers.
mines for sale but its a gu ute on 35s for 21500
there was a gq ti for sale up here for 7500

1 - 20 of 36 Posts