Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waited 2 months for my 4" lift to turn up to my local 4WD shop. When i went to drop the car off, the guy behind the counter told me that in addition to the $2700 quoted for the kit fitted, i now had to pay another 800 for a "dual cardinal link" which i have never heard of.

Question 1 is - Do i need it? If i do is there a cheaper way around it as i have spent the last 2 months working my ass off doing O/T for no reason :(

Question 2 is - Is there a better option besides a new 4 inch lift? Maybe second hand?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
is it a SWB? in swb with a 4inch lift you will get alot of vibrations and noise if the unis aren't lined up rite to fix this some people put a double carden joint into the rear tail shaft. is this what he was talking about? if it is.. the other option is to put spacers in the gearbox mount as well as the dropboxes i droped myn down 28mm thats including dropboxes to get it close as well as adjust the uper and lower control arms. if its not a swb all you need is springs, shocks, dropboxes or drop arms, adjustable panhards and extended brake lines.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
That's alot of cash, I hate work and ot even more,if it was me I would look more closely at 2 inch sus lift and 2 inch body, I guess u have already done this. Ur situation would suk. Sorry mate hope some swb gurus on here can help u out. Good luck mate

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
you don't need a double cardinal for 4" lift. don't waste your money.

if you have a swb, do upper and lower control arms, trans spacer or get a hold if a high pinion diff
center.

you could save urself some coin, n get a 3" sus lift - he'll of alot cheaper and fit a 30mm or 50mm body lift. that would save you 1k easy.

that's what im doing in my swb 3"+1".

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
yup tell them to stick there double carden. go the gearbox spacers and adjust control arms to suit. 3'' will be easyer then 4'' and less vibes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts