Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Tuning Haltech on TB42ET

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  GASSED GU 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just a general tuning question.

Basically the car has been tuned many years ago to run the GT2876R that was on my car. It ran beautifully, clean response and no detonation.

That turbo is now off the car and a GT35R is repacing the old turbo.

Will i need to get it retuned? I will be running the same boost as before (8psi) and the only thing changing is the turbo size.

My query is that with the haltech, and the sensors that it runs, TPS, O2, manifold pressure, air temp, water temp, timing etc - will the computers current tune be able to justify/compensate for the slight change in air density that the new turbo will be producing?

I know I will probably need a tune, but i thought running the same boost levels, the computer will be able to adapt to the 'new' air being produced.

Thanks all in advance.

#2 ·
hey mate,i would get it tuned for sure because even thow you are running the same boost laevel it will be creating alot more air which will be leaning it out alot.plus if you want the full benifit of spending that money to get more power then hat also should make ya wanna tune.im sure it willbe fine to putt around in but try and stay away from giving it too much as it only takes one time and it could detonate and turn into a very sad and exspensive day

#3 ·
Yeah thanks. I have an air fuel ratio meter that i just wired in to keep tabs on fuel ratio, i have a suspicion that it was running pretty rich from the last tune.

#4 ·
thats a good start mate.it might just need to adjust the map abit better to make sure its getting the right amount of fuel in the right rpms.if it has been a while for what its worth i would tune it,but i like to wind the life out of stuff lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.