Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys quick question I'm rebuilding my tb45 and have fitted a camshaft and springs just wonder what the tunability is like with them am I able to tune the factory ecu or only able to adjust timing via the distributor?

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
pretty sure you cant get a nistune board to suit a tb45, its common enough for people to convert them to a tb42e ecu which can have a nistune board fitted.

if you have a bigger than stock cam you need to look at either a tb42e ecu or an aftermarket ecu as you will need to adjust the fuel maps as well as the timing to get it running correctly

·
Registered
nissan
4,988 Posts
The OP has an auto trans so replacement ECU is likely to cause problems. The TCU gets its info from the ECU.
Piggyback is the way to go or graft an MS3 into the original ECU.

LS1? Likely to cost way more than any TB45E is worth today..

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I wont be spending bulk cask on this set as a conversion is on the cards at some stage this year. Ill probably just chuck it in and give it a few more degrees timing and leave it at that.

·
Registered
nissan
812 Posts
if engine is good look at what its worth if u sell it
put that towards conversion
don't blow engine up because its not worth anything

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nah I wont blow it up we have a dyno ill make sure its safe.

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
hey man, I got a TB45 with an intercooled turbo hanging off the side. In the planning process i looked at the ability to tune the standard ECU.. no luck at all. apparently nissan locked that one down rahter tight so cant do anything with it apparently. I ended up running a whole new ECU in its place to get the ability to make everything work...

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T-bone what Ecu did you go with I've just got it running again and the factory ecu is managing well but it rattles up top under large load soft sand so need to get some tune ability

·
Registered
2 Posts
Buen día amigo.. tengo una Tb45 y mi Ecu se daño.. puedes decirme donde compraste la ecu o donde puedo comprarla... gracias...[QUOTE = "t bone, publicación: 3162777, miembro: 67801"]
Hola hombre, tengo un TB45 con un turbo intercooler colgando a un lado. En el proceso de planificación, examiné la capacidad de ajustar la ECU estándar ... sin suerte en absoluto. aparentemente Nissan cerró esa rahter firmemente, así que aparentemente no puedo hacer nada con ella. Terminé ejecutando una ECU completamente nueva en su lugar para tener la capacidad de hacer que todo funcione ...
[/CITAR]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts