Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
just wondering whats the round about price is to put a turbo on a 4.2 GQ patrol ute

cheers

·
"Toxic Personality"
8,962 Posts
X2. . . this is bizzare. . . i wouldn't know where to start. . . is it even possible? has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive seen on for sale with a after market turbo on it before

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think its on the autotrader website in wa

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah prob there all over priced if your asking me

·
Give it some goat
2,697 Posts
I would say so because jacket you were selling your GU for only 16 and it had alot more done to it then that one, although yours isnt turboed. Would be interesting how much you would have to pay, i would be expecting upwards of say 6?

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
TD42s wouldnt hold together with a turbo, the stroke is too long and they will break, this is why no-one has turbo'd them.

If you want to break new ground, be sure to put up the pics, Im sure many people will be interested.

·
Give it some goat
2,697 Posts
Like always i agree with benno i don't think one would hold up overly well to one. Can always have a crack though, post pics will be good to see a real build.

·
"Toxic Personality"
8,962 Posts
i too would like to see photo's of a td42 turbo. . . . your giving me ideas now. . . . even if it doesn't work. . . it would be cool as a project.

·
Registered
502 Posts
haaahahahahaha turbo TD42 pffffffff Cmon u guys im guessing you would have to start from the bottom bigger crank rods and forged piston aye AT LEAST. there could possibly be somthing on this site but i doupt it. :)

·
"Toxic Personality"
8,962 Posts
hey benno. . . . i know youre right about clearance issues and heating-cooling, what if he also went ahead and fitted a medium sized hiclones kit? . . . say 140,000mpc?

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Yeah mate that should be fine. I have been looking at hiclones myself and I calc'd 90,000 for a 2.8 so 140 should be spot on for a 4.2

Id reccomend you get an oil heater as well so the temperatures in the donk get warmer quicker to minimise any extra wear the turbo will give. If you were to put a heat exchanger in the exhaust about two feet behind the turbo and then pass engine coolant through this you will get more effective energy out of your injected fuel amount which also gives heaps better economy as you are keeping all the energy otherwise lost to the atmosphere.

Sounds like a plan ;)

·
Registered
675 Posts
hi
just wondering whats the round about price is to put a turbo on a 4.2 GQ patrol ute

cheers
Ya bunch a C censored.gif 'S. You were all noobies once.

Gone trolling, you can use the search button and find much info on turboing a TD42.

I had a Turbo KIT fitted by MTQ for $3,500, best money I have ever spent.

The TD42 is very suited to a turbo, especially the earlier ones with the silver rocker cover.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts