Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all,
Im pretty keen to upgrade the turbo in my 2000 GU Ute and also fit an intercooler.
I would like to here any opinions on where people have bought products from, what I should look for and what not to look for, and weather or not it is a good option to just build the whole lot myself or just buy an upgrade kit (Garret, Denco etc.) and a water to air kit.

I will be fitting it all myself and have a mate that owns a diesel shop who will be tuning it for me.

I would like to think I could get 150kw out of it, tell me if im dreaming?

Any advice would be great!

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
No offence but this has been covered so many times. Try searching.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Benno

Play nice

Why do you want a 47

The 2H is Toyota's equivalent to a TD42 with a inline pump and we know what you think of TD42's

Regards Don

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Cause I do. :D

I was going to build an offroad trailer and have a run around ****heap hyena but then I found my senses and decided to combine the two and get a 47 series.

Whats really out there apart from an MQ SD33T? They look like crap tho.

I should have had the opportunity to buy my grandfathers 72,000km HJ75 2H but I was legally prevented from doing so (conflict of interest) and the want to have another cruiser ute never really left me.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Sorry for the thread hijack

Everytime i hop in a 47 or similar and go to move it i realise how easy power steer is

Late 45's (petrols) had it but 47's (diesels) missed out

Years ago before we had it we use to think nothing of it but once you are used to it, it is a shock to drive a manual steer 4wd

Regards Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts