Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellow patrol members im new to the forum, but not that new to engines since i have never worked on a Td 42 i have come to ask a question i have a td42 turbo diesel with a snapped manifold bolt, with the manifold leaking badly (needs new gasket as well) and also cracked manifold, i no someone who can drill it out but that's not the problem, really all im after is what type of manifold and turbo have been used so i can get a replacement manifold and studs im also after the turbo studs to. i have a pic but i suck at photography but here they are anyway. hope this works. cheers in advance

Brett

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
11,208 Posts
imo that doesnt look like a standard td42t turbo manifold.
id say its possibly a safari or axt manifold at a guess.
but you really need to pull it apart so see if its a t28 or t3 flange. and has it got flexable lines allowing a bit of room to play with so if it sits in a slightly different place it will all still hook up.
also does it say on the manifold who makes the kit. and also what kind of turbo is it? garrett switzer, mitsi.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,793 Posts
Those are itty bitty little piccys. Does not look like a factory turbo manifold. Factory is 2 piece, Patrol or Safari.

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i had a quick look on google and appreantly its made by Peter Luxon, now called Safari, so must be an older version?, cheers for the help boys, sorry bout the small pics first attempt lol, anywho ended up starting to pull the motor out and got one of my mates dad who's an engineer to weld the crack, drill the stud and run a new gasket and get new madifold bolts which are longer, because the ones used look like the factory studs which just arnt long enough for the aftermarket manifold. ohh yeh and i live in the strathalbyn area in south australia.

might as well also ask why im here, does a td42 fit into the tb42 engine bay or are the crossmembers and such different?, cheers for the help

Brett

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i no about the bell housing, thats all good cause im droping a hole engine, gearbox and tranfer in off another car cheers brett

1 - 10 of 10 Posts