Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody!
So I just purchased a Nissan Patrol y61 1999 td42 but the vehicle doesn’t have a stock turbine. I am pretty new to the off-roading world so I have some questions for You guys.Can I instal a turbo? What are some turbos that You would recommend? What do I need to look out for? I am looking forward for your response.
Best Regards

·
Registered
Nissan
417 Posts
Short answer is yes, depending on the version of the engine, would determine possibilities. The Y61 came out of factory with HT18 Turbo, which would be your best and cheapest bet. The parts could be bought new or s/h from a wreckers, you would do better with an intercooler as well, factory or aftermarket. Others can probably give better advice than this, but it would depend on budget and whether your engine is built to run a turbo and I suspect it isn't, so you will kill it if you try to get more performance than it's built to take reliably.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,062 Posts
Yep, do some reading on here mate. There is a heap of info for you to digest. And as NissTorq mentioned above, you need to determine if your engine is a factory turbo or not. Have a look for a turbo oil return line running into the block, rather than the sump. Only factory turbo engines ran back into the block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts