Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1988 MK260 SD33T
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Circle Illustration Fruit Vegetable

Well the patrol started blowing blue smoke out of the exhaust yesterday. Pretty sure it's a turbo seal as there is clearly oil eeeping from all intake ports on the block as well as on the wastegate and drain tube.
Can't find any rebuild kits, at least reliable ones.
Can anyone verify if this would be the kit I need? Or alternatives.

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,213 Posts
They appear to be readily available OS but not local so it seems, plenty of ebay kits, this supplier is the same as the one you posted I think.

· Registered
Nissan
40 Posts
View attachment 543995
Well the patrol started blowing blue smoke out of the exhaust yesterday. Pretty sure it's a turbo seal as there is clearly oil eeeping from all intake ports on the block as well as on the wastegate and drain tube.
Can't find any rebuild kits, at least reliable ones.
Can anyone verify if this would be the kit I need? Or alternatives.
Be our test dummy, I looked a few months ago but seen doesn't suit ht15b and they couldn't verify any difference between ht15 models so I didn't bother

· Registered
1988 MK260 SD33T
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I took out the turbo a while ago and found it was beyond a rebuild. The shaft was so worn both wheels were contacting the housing and destroyed themselves.
Took it to a local shop and the guy said he could fix it. A week later he gave me a bill for the most Frankenstein turbo I've ever seen. Totally ruined. So I think I'm going to cut my losses and find a cheap T3 and get a new exhaust fabricated.

· Registered
1988 MK260 SD33T
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds familiar, the oil drain on mine was tee's into the vac pump line, so it drowned itself, do the parts of the rebuild kit look the same at least?
I would take the old turbo apart to verify but the shop jury rigged parts from some unknown turbo onto mine so I'm sure it wouldn't match up. Sorry.

· Registered
Nissan
40 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts