Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got to work today as usual, turned my ute off, turbo timer kicked in for a minute as uaual, once it got to the minute, it went to shut down, got half way then turned back on, then started sounding like it was struggeling to shut down, running real rough for a few seconds then finally shutting right down. i turned it back on, let it run for a few seconds then turned it off with no problems with out letting the turbo timer kick in.
could this b a malfunction in the turbo timer, has any one had this b4.
i had a problem once b4 where it kicked it, but never turned off, jsut kept running, 2 mates said they had the exact same problem, a once of thing and never happened again.
we all have either the arb or bogaard timer, i presume there exactly the same just diff covers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
128 Posts
Just sounds like "run on" where the temp is still hot enough in the cylinder to make the fuel combust, once the ignition shuts off theres no fuel being pumped in, its just those last few drops in the lines that are doing it.
Its nothing to stress about

·
Registered
nissan patrol
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok sounds good then, first time its ever happened, sometime there is a voilent, but minor (lost for words) shake when it shuts off, but only sometime, could this b the same thing?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
128 Posts
Yea mate that pretty much confirms it

·
Registered
nissan patrol
128 Posts
I have a turbo timer and its never been a problem for me, in "theory" a turbo timer would aid in preventing this, because giving the engine a chance to cool down after a drive would lower temps inside the cylinder therefore run on shouldnt happen or atleast be kept to a minimum

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Hey mate, mine has done it from time to time. Can I ask what idle your cars runs at?? sometimes if the idle is to low it will also have that effect. The turbo timmer has nothing to do with it, other wise it would do it all the time.

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Yes, turbo timers are a problem. remove it.
Mike, there is ONLY one turbo time that has been specifically built for the GU.
Yes, only one. evrey other brand will and do cause problems.

the one i speak of, is a plug n play to existing wiring loom/harness.
BES BOGAARD prt. no. 925/GU
( With SUB TANK) with park brake safety feature.
Avg. cost is between $189- $300 pending on your researching skills.

Bogaard Electronic Services Pty Ltd
Sales: 02 9477 2497
Support: 02 6686 3269
www.bogaard.com.au
AUSSIE MADE
Suits 12v or 24 Volt applications.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
isnt that the same as the arb one, there pretty much identical, shape size wiring, everything, just different lable

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Thats funny, mine first did it without a timmer on it at all??????
And as for thats the only one that can be fitted............. Bit like they say the only winch you should put on is a warn XP9000?????
Mine has done it about 5 times in as many years, if it was the timmer, I would think it would do it more often.
Jezimp, yes around 650-700 is good.

Mike, there is ONLY one turbo time that has been specifically built for the GU.
Yes, only one. evrey other brand will and do cause problems.

the one i speak of, is a plug n play to existing wiring loom/harness.
BES BOGAARD prt. no. 925/GU
( With SUB TANK) with park brake safety feature.
Avg. cost is between $189- $300 pending on your researching skills.

Bogaard Electronic Services Pty Ltd
Sales: 02 9477 2497
Support: 02 6686 3269
www.bogaard.com.au
AUSSIE MADE
Suits 12v or 24 Volt applications.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks petefire427
could this all just be something with the engine, one of those once a year sort of things were its nothing to worry about? my ute has only just ticket over 80 thou kms

·
Registered
nissan
2,202 Posts
Try and increase the timer out to 2 mins. Mine was set to 3 mins when I bought the car and I haven't had any dramas,that said I just turn it off manually if I've just been down the shops and not had it out for a run.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
thanks petefire427
could this all just be something with the engine, one of those once a year sort of things were its nothing to worry about? my ute has only just ticket over 80 thou kms
I wouldn't be to concerned, unless it starts doing it all the time. I have been on several forums and no one seems to concerned. Some say could be dribbling injector, others a faulty fuel stop solinoid. With the problem hard to replicate at anytime, its going to be hard to track down. If it happens when your still there, then do as you have done previously and turn the key back on and off.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Remove turbo timer and put in the draw on the workbench..
you dont need them.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Remove turbo timer and put in the draw on the workbench..
you dont need them.

Incorrect there Bruce. post 2003 had oil cooled turbo's not water cooled as in series 1 and 2, so turbo timmer very important;) If we all had your coin we would be at Andy's door ordering a garrett.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
petefire427 said:
Incorrect there Bruce. post 2003 had oil cooled turbo's not water cooled as in series 1 and 2, so turbo timmer very important
I still say they arent needed. They are awesome if you wanna impress ya mates by walkin away and leaving it running (which is illegal anyway)...

You just look at your EGT and if its under 200 which isnt hard once you undo ya belt, get out, its usually there.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
I still say they arent needed. They are awesome if you wanna impress ya mates by walkin away and leaving it running (which is illegal anyway)...

You just look at your EGT and if its under 200 which isnt hard once you undo ya belt, get out, its usually there.

Sorry mate, still disagree, After a good run up heathcote Rd mine can still be over 300c, Mine idles for three mins before shut down;) by then its at 150c(my shut off temp.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts