Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan GUII 2001
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Have been sitting on sidelines since Christmas when head cracked (repaired by Nissan ouch$$$ of course they said they had never seen before I must have overheated hahaha:bs:). Catching up on "improvements" for better lifespan (lots to read), noticed while removing dump pipe to weld coupling on for the thermocouple that a hiss was coming from next to the intercooler, small vacuum hose coming from the vacuum tank (found picture in the service manual sm9e-y61cg3 page EM-35, sorry don't have cable to download photo from camera), anyhow on closer inspection found the barbed fitting coming out the top on the face cracked nearly right through (manual says it goes to the control solenoid).
1.Can anyone tell me impact this will have?
2.Can I simply glue back on or need to replace?
Sorry for the long winded message.
Thanks Hokey1171

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Assuming you have a pre 2002 model and you are referring to the small servo tank that sits under the engine cover.
This was discussed recently in a thread due to a similar breakage and several of us have tried running with the small tank bypassed and direct hook up to the vac line under the IC, there has been no negative comments so far.
This servo canister was discontinued somewhere in 2002. Is it the same as shown on the right of the IC?

Attachments

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
you dont need it... just bypass it all together.... I did it about month back now and no worries as mine broke and I limped home without boost. thanks to the NADS I survived.
Anyway just dump it mate. I just raun a new hose straight to the dawes

·
Registered
nissan GUII 2001
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,
Did a search but did not find anything, maybe different name.
Was in a panic late last night as I found it while trying to remove a stripped nut on the dump pipe to weld in a coupling for the pyro.
Boost gauge already in and working. Then will install rest of the NADS sitting in the garage.
If you have pictures would appreciate. Still learning what goes where and photos help.
Unfortunetly took an implosion to find this site, wished I had looked earlier but did not realize the problems.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Assuming you have a pre 2002 model and you are referring to the small servo tank that sits under the engine cover.
This was discussed recently in a thread due to a similar breakage and several of us have tried running with the small tank bypassed and direct hook up to the vac line under the IC, there has been no negative comments so far.
This servo canister was discontinued somewhere in 2002. Is it the same as shown on the right of the IC?

That cant be your enginebay GeeYouToo - way too clean and missing some bits..

·
Registered
nissan GUII 2001
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just found the thread you were talking about, might be better just to do away with from how you guys all went.
Thanks again.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I might rip mine out too. Just in case. Ive left my intercooler cover off too, couldnt be bothered taking it on and off all the time. No ill effects so far..

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
That cant be your enginebay GeeYouToo - way too clean and missing some bits..
No........ It's mine........ What's missing?......... apart from the engine cover! There's more additions than deletions.

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
pics for you of my engine bay

No........ It's mine........ What's missing?......... apart from the engine cover! There's more additions than deletions.
Thanks guys,
Did a search but did not find anything, maybe different name.
Was in a panic late last night as I found it while trying to remove a stripped nut on the dump pipe to weld in a coupling for the pyro.
Boost gauge already in and working. Then will install rest of the NADS sitting in the garage.
If you have pictures would appreciate. Still learning what goes where and photos help.
Unfortunetly took an implosion to find this site, wished I had looked earlier but did not realize the problems.
If mine clean too dronus :p
anyway pics for Hokey

Attachments

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
close up of engine bay note vacume tank on rocket cover GONE

this should help give you a closer look.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan GUII 2001
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HI GU Bundy,
Pictures always make life a little easier when everyone refers to things by different names.
Thanks much appreciated.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Mmmmm Cross county intercooler... <mop to isle 3> Mmmmmmm Just need to find $1200 and im so there...

GeeYouToo, Ohh no it was just my eyes not picking up how close the photo is, was looking for the needle valve and other pipes..

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Mmmmm Cross county intercooler... <mop to isle 3> Mmmmmmm Just need to find $1200 and im so there...

GeeYouToo, Ohh no it was just my eyes not picking up how close the photo is, was looking for the needle valve and other pipes..
Ahha! they are cunningly disguised as a Ferret.

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts

The Inter-cooler is really good. it is more noticable when low range 4x4 and the revs are up the fan kicks in and keeps everything(EGTS) realy nice.

As a side note, went for a price to get the rapid chip sorted from Mark at JPS and thats going to cost a pritty penny, maybe couple of weeks or so.Still need the 3" zorst. But while I was there he has found a away to stop limp mod all together to make good power down low. Checky bugger he wouldn't tell me though, but he said it has taken him some time to develop the cue and make POWER...:cool:

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
here is mine, you can see the vacuum tank thing thing still there:

That was pre dawes and needle, yet post catch can.

One should never put a ferret under ones bonnet or in ones pants.

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:^^^^ rofl dronus

1 - 17 of 17 Posts